AHG - Profitable Strategy for Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Anekdoten, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razor

Razor

Cuttin the BS and trading strictly with the trend tomorrow and in the future unless confirmed trend change (by either HH and HL or LL and LH) double bottom or double top.....gonna mark my trades on the chart and post in here in the afternoon.....like Anek has said in the past, time to stop trading like a rookie (trying to catch bottoms and tops) and trade like a pro with the trend.......overall I am not going to get too down on myself, since I started trying to make some changes to my trading with Anek's methods my results have not been horrible IMHO:

+43
    +228
    +36
    +27
    +323
    -216 <--- fought strong trend
    +139
    -441 <--- fought strong trend
    +333
    +223
    -372 <--- fought strong trend

Net Gain after all commish and fees $195 trading 1 NQ contract ($5 a tick) roughly 8 - 24 trades per day. This is over 14 days or roughly 3/4 of a trading month. Yes I will admit there have been some incredible opportunities that I have missed because of fighting the trend on certain days but I have to try and stay positive and focus on always improving rather than beating myself up too much. One thing to note is my large losing days (like today) are days when there has been the best opportunity to make huge gains becuase these are the days of strong trend that I have been reluctant to join and instead have fought....again on the positive side these days can go from big losers to big winners by following the trend......ok, my rant is over and back to work tomorrow :D

Cheers to anyone listening and for all the good feed back in this thread.....Anek I am gonna do your method justice from now on :)

Cheers :D

#571     Aug 15, 2007
  2. Razor,

I wonder why there is no:

+300 <----Fought strong trend
    +400 <----Fought strong trend

Makes you wonder.

If done correctly, and it's no rocket science either, the only day that can kill AHG is an extremely choppy day full of reversals or the trader him/her self.

We haven't seen one like that in a long time, the market has been nothing but beautiful lately.

Now, here are a few areas where you should watch out because they can be difficult for trend following traders:

Lunch hour (2 hour min)

Friday Afternoon, during regular market conditions, not this insanity (I mean that in a good way)

Friday OEX, triple witching all those crazy days.

Hope it helps and btw, for what it is worth, I can feel from your previous charts, that there is a great trader inside you, it's just your discipline that sucks ass.

Anek

#572     Aug 15, 2007
  3. Razor

Razor

Thanks for the positive feedback Anek.....watch the incredible improvements....... :D

#573     Aug 15, 2007
  4. Here is why you try to call tops and bottoms

"Greed, what we are trying to do is pick the start of a trend the other way so we can get it all. It is part of the mental problem of "I can't join the trend now it has to be about over" but if I pick the start it will run for a long time"

Author's identity protected :)

Anek

#574     Aug 15, 2007
  5. Razor

Razor

:D

#575     Aug 15, 2007
  6. Korea down 7.25% :eek:

#576     Aug 15, 2007
  7. DJIA flirting with monthly trend line support. :eek:

#577     Aug 15, 2007
  8. Razor

Razor

Anek you still short my friend ?

#578     Aug 15, 2007
  9. Until I see a higher high, I will be.

Anek

#579     Aug 15, 2007
  10. Razor

Razor

Get um !! :D

#580     Aug 15, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.