AHG - Profitable Strategy for Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Anekdoten, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary,

...and what a beauty it was!

Anek

#551     Aug 15, 2007
  2. Razor

Razor

Net down -$372 on 19 trades NQ, was up $200 by first hour of the day, for some reason got this bias in my mind that we would be up huge today, proceeded to fight the trend all day (yup, stupidity) and viola ! down huge on the day......tomorrow is another day.....we shall see...

Cheers :D

#552     Aug 15, 2007
  3. Trades for 08.15.07

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, therefore I'll let my chart do the talking.

Once again, nothing but the system.

Anek

#553     Aug 15, 2007
  4. Razor

Razor

Awesome, I am such a putz fighting this darn trend.....

#554     Aug 15, 2007
  5. Razor

Until you stop fighting the trend, I'm not responding to your messages or PMs.

If you are going to fight the trend or make predictions you are on the wrong journal my friend.

You know what you have to do, and when you do it you either make money or lose small. WTF Man!

Hope it helps.

Anek

#555     Aug 15, 2007
  6. Razor

Razor

I hear ya and don't blame ya......

#556     Aug 15, 2007
  7. Ha Raz,
    I aint no expert what so ever. But IMHO if your up $200 net in first hour and only trading 1 contract on NQ I would call it a day and go to the Lake or play XBox !!
    Or at least just switch to Sim. if you want to keep learning throughout the day.

#557     Aug 15, 2007
  8. u21c3f6

u21c3f6

His brother Dom makes a better product.

PS. Don't fight the trend!

#558     Aug 15, 2007
  9. I stand corrected, thank you sir.

Amen

#559     Aug 15, 2007
  10. Yeah, I was down -39 points on YM this morning. Frustrating. Took a nap for hour half. Awoke refreshed.

And WOW what an afternoon !! The last couple hours of Trading is what implementing AGH is all about. A Beautiful Beautiful downtrend with so many ample opportunities to short the popups !! Just remember to "be nimble with your target" :cool:

The morning was stll a downer since I usually don't ever have such a bad session.
    But I Ended up +1 for the day after racking up +40 points in last 1.5 hour of day !!

P.S. Anek, heres something that might add another tool in the Arsenal with the HH HL method. Of course identifying trends during the day is what we are looking for. And I have taken it one step further with what I learned from Alex at Puretick 5 months ago. That is at beginning of day identify the tone of the Market by using Filters. This is more of a general trend for the day using daily Pivot point, 15 min Range, A/D, . And once the Filters has been established whether it be Bullish or Bearish then trade the HH HL Method. But do it in accordance with the Filters for the day. If we are way below Daily Pivot Point and A/D is very Bearish then adjust your position size accordingly. So for instance if we see an intra day HH HL intra day Trend on a Bearish filter day we might enter long on a pullback but only with 1/2 of our regular position size. But when we later in day see LH LL we might short a pop up with full position sizing since filters have been established (and have remained) as bearish. And we are just putting the odds more in our favor by trading with the general trend.

Just a little tidbit I thought that I would share that has been helpful in mitigating risk for me and maiming profitability.

#560     Aug 15, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.