AHG - Profitable Strategy for Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Anekdoten, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinc

vinc

yeah,the first one looks like double bottom to me.. that's why I can never be sure..

#521     Aug 14, 2007
  2. Here is a play I took months ago in the YM. It worked out so well I took a screenshot and kept it for references. Glad I did cause now I can show you guys.

Anek

#522     Aug 14, 2007
  3. GaryN

GaryN

Anec

Could you include the timebar in your charts please. The only ones I see that fill the bill are around 9:34 and 14:58 EST.

#523     Aug 14, 2007
  4. Vinc,

Not exactly the second bottom is slightly higher. Needless to say a double bottom in itself is a bullish formation so that gives you some sort of bias, not surprisingly it broke to the upside.

Anek

#524     Aug 14, 2007
  5. monti1a

monti1a

FWIW

Tradestation has a Penant Breakout Showme study that can be adjusted to pick up some symmetrical triangles...

However, I believe the best software on the market is "your own Eye"...imho

#525     Aug 14, 2007
  6. vinc

vinc

the last one you posted reminds me of a wolfe wave in a way and I don't mean to be ironic here..well,whatever..be it d.bottoms or w.waves..if it brings us some green means it works:)

#526     Aug 14, 2007
  7. Gary,

I took two, not at all three.

Just like I suck at swing trading due to the necessity of larger stops I have trained my eye to spot them. Again, got to concentrate on your forte.

Anek

• gary.jpg
      File size:
      336.2 KB
      Views:
    #527     Aug 14, 2007
  8. Monti,

I have tried the Pennant show me but as you said there is nothing like the eye.

I have been unsuccessful at obtaining an ELD for Tradestation the facilates the search for them, aside from the show me you mentioned.

I can spot them with ease but I could use assistance if I was looking at four eminis with two different timeframes.

Could you please post the settings you got for the pennant show me ? Perhaps it can be useful to me.

Thank you.

Anek

#528     Aug 14, 2007
  9. GaryN

GaryN

OK Thx. I see the third one now. My charts are compressed quite a bit more than yours. I will try exanding my charts a bit.

edit: Also clearer on the 5k. Might try that too. Too much fun.:)

#529     Aug 14, 2007
  10. We interrupt this journal to celebrate and welcome the return of Diamond Dave to Van Halen!

/drool

Anek

#530     Aug 14, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.