AHG - Profitable Strategy for Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Anekdoten, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The very same consolidation from another angle. Can't get a better entry on this uptrend :)

Anek

#471     Aug 13, 2007
  2. GoodGame

GoodGame

What do you mean by breaking out by one tick? I can't find the one tick breakout from the low unless you are talking about the last and successful breakout?

#472     Aug 13, 2007
  3. The consolidation pattern broke R by 1 tick and that's all it needed to breakout.

Anek

#473     Aug 13, 2007
  4. I did some scalps today, mostly based on S/R, some worked well some did not and when they did not small stop as always.

I did not trade the morning because I was fairly active in the late hours of the night in afterhours and needed rest. Glad I did as the morning was quite choppy and afterhours was sensational.

Attached the best play of the day for me, once again symm triangles prove to be one of the best patterns in trading.

Anek

#474     Aug 13, 2007
  5. GaryN

GaryN

Pretty choppy day alright. Only one trade for me. Shorted the double top when those three bars failed to take out 70.25 after stalling there earlier. Targeted the previous swing low.

• dt.png
      File size:
      23.3 KB
      Views:
    #475     Aug 13, 2007
  6. artieboy

artieboy

hi anekdoten, i wanted to try this out.....this is actually the same thing as what i am practicing, but minus the moving averages....But then if you see HH and HL, you dont need a moving average to tell you its in an uptrend. As they say, keep it simple! I have stochastics on my chart, but ill get rid of it as they do not help me.

What i wanted to ask is I dont have time to trade all day, just an hour at the start of the day. You think this is feasible to trade for that time? I am talking between 1 to 2 trades
    Thanks

#476     Aug 13, 2007
  7. You would be better of swing trading then.

My 02 cents.

Anek

#477     Aug 13, 2007
  8. Great discipline staying out of the chop.

Glad your one play worked, great job Gary.

Anek

#478     Aug 13, 2007
  9. Razor

Razor

Done for the day +$223 Net on 12 trades :D

Scalped out to quickly on some trades again but working on holding longer still :D

#479     Aug 13, 2007
  10. Vienna

Vienna

Hi Anek,

Interesting thread.....somewhere you said you suck at swingtrading... why do you think that is? It seems your method should lend itself to that... actually, that's pretty close to what I am doing.

#480     Aug 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.