AHG - Profitable Strategy for Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Anekdoten, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bingo,

Beautiful stuff, right on too. Thanks.

#461     Aug 11, 2007
  2. My dad had that one memorized. I know I had a place "in the round tower of my [his] heart."

#462     Aug 11, 2007

3. did you ever figure out why its doing that..i think i need t first study or have a primer on heiken ashi

#463     Aug 11, 2007
  4. Assuming the entry was logical, that is what trailing stops are for, whether they are predetermined or managed manually.

I prefer the manual approach.

Anek

#464     Aug 12, 2007
  5. Thanks indeed Anek for this insightfull thread. Thanks also to other participants.(Special thanks also to ST)

I see that exits are paramount and maybe make the difference and I have some questions:

If one has not the luxury of trading multiple contracts, how do you decide between taking profit objectives or letting the market take you out?

Apart from obvious support/resistance, how do you decide your profits objectives? Some ratio to initial stop risk, some ratio to the previous move,....?

Thanks again

#465     Aug 12, 2007
  6. GaryN

GaryN

I found out that thats the way they work.:) They are not like regular candles. Still dont know why the trendlines move though. I downloaded Multicharts and am giving them a looksee.

#466     Aug 12, 2007
  7. GaryN

GaryN

I trail stops once it gets going. I was referring to those times when it never gets going but starts stalling out shortly after entry. Sometimes this happens even with a logical entry. As you have said, the good ones usually go your way right away.

#467     Aug 12, 2007
  8. I have found this to be true for me as well. For me it is a matter of watching BOTH the price action on the chart AND the activity that is going on in the DOM since I don't use any indicators. And actually when you are watching those two you really don't have time to be watching an indicator as well. Maybe one at the most.

#468     Aug 12, 2007
  9. When price stalls too much start looking for options it's a sign of loss of momentum which could mean, reversal or congestion.

Anek

#469     Aug 12, 2007
  10. Some AH fun tonight.

Managed to ride many of the little bullish upside moves but not in an optimal way.

Attached little AH action reference for further study.

Note to self: Don't forget this price action pattern it's valuable.

Anek

#470     Aug 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.