AHG - Profitable Strategy for Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Anekdoten, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razor,

Here is 5 and last.

I think you kicked ass, love the small losses too.

Cheers!

Anek

• 5.jpg
      File size:
      96.2 KB
      Views:
    #431     Aug 10, 2007
  2. Razor

Razor

Hey,

Not sure on the multiple attachments, what I do is just save the files to my desk top then go to www.tinypic.com and then upload the files there (takes 2 seconds) then they give you a link (like the ones I use) to post and you can post multiple links on one post.....by the way, huge thanks for going over my charts, greatly appreciated :D

#432     Aug 10, 2007
  3. Razor

Razor

Man, huge thanks for your input on my trades, thanks again :D

Off to the gym and then a few beers later, have a great weekend Anek and all :D

Cheers :D

#433     Aug 10, 2007
  4. GaryN

GaryN

WTG Razor. I wonder why you are using heikin ashi on single colored bars tho. Kind of defeats the purpose doesnt it? I am making this comment because I have found the color coding to be helpful, especially in hanging with a trade. Psycholically easier to stay with a trade when the color matches your position.

#434     Aug 10, 2007
  5. babe714

babe714

Anek , thanks for this jornal .

Triangle action made it a bit tough today for me , this was one clear set up though .

#435     Aug 10, 2007
  6. Babe,

That price action was optimal, nice chart.

Anek

#436     Aug 10, 2007
  7. Good way to describe it Gary, will have to remember that.

Anek

#437     Aug 10, 2007
  8. Tao,

Interesting info.

As far as selling into strenght, I base it on momentum. I try not to say, ok that's enough, I look at the bars, assuming I'm long if I see price going higher without stopping much there really is no reason to sell. This is where HA help for when panic, uncertainty and confusion of losing your profits might strike.

You could also say ok if it breaks the low of the last 2-3 bars I'm out. However, in a sense this is what HA does. Just use what you feel more comfortable with, the color psychology of HA bars, as Gary so eloquently described, helps.

Remember guys, I don't use HA bars for entry only for exit but the real skill here is analyzing momentum and the S/R surroundings as price is going. When it stops, why did it stop, should i wait, if so how long ? If it retraces, your stop better be there to secure your profits, not too tight, give it room, use past bars to have a logical exit.

If you suspect the trend is much too strong but the trail stop got hit, you can always get back in at the next logical entry.

Anek

#438     Aug 10, 2007
  9. Bill,

Krelisk.com has a LOT of price action based indicators they are coded by TRO. They are free, help yourself and don't forget to thank the guy.

Anek

#439     Aug 10, 2007
  10. Gary,

I was not watching the markets around that time but I'm willing to bet when price broke out of the symm triangle the breakout/down was brutal.

Those little bastards are powerful beasts and most definitely one of my favorite patterns in trading.

They give birth to trends.

Check the one I posted in the afternoon I did not want to trade today but when I saw it I placed my buy stops and short stops outside of the triangle and simply waited.

When the buy got hit there was never an ounce of heat, it was simply a rocket launch explosion.

Great patterns highly recommend them.

In fact, you can make a living just by trading symm triangles. Load all four eminis, and when you see a valid one place your buy/short stops accordingly. By watching all four eminis the chances of them developing in different sizes increases, that way you get more than one or two a day.

Sounds funny but if I have a dear friend that lives off them. Uses massive cars everytime he sees one and trades them like a robot with a pre-programmed trailing stop.

Thanks for posting yours.

Anek

#440     Aug 10, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.