AHG - Profitable Strategy for Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Anekdoten, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anvil,

You da man!

#391     Aug 9, 2007
  2. Examine your chart, annotate all errors and mistakes. Make an effort to differentiate what was inevitable and what was your fault.

Learn from the above, tomorrow is a new day.

Anek

#392     Aug 9, 2007
  3. Excellent suggestion. The DAX is good stuff.

Anek

#393     Aug 9, 2007
  4. What is it with all the new aliases with 0-1 posts sending messages via PM ?

Makes me curious if I'm a newbie magnet or if some of the elite trader "pride" is hiding their real identity in search for guidance.

Assuming this could be a possibility, I wonder what ever happened to humility lately.

I have absolutely no complex taking/asking suggestions from Joe.Trader.X or Tudor Jones. Makes no difference to me, this is not about pride, this is about getting better, improving your trading, making friends and last but not least sharing!

Moving on.

Anek

#394     Aug 9, 2007
    globaljobber likes this.
  5. Bog,

Does not look like I got access to it.

Sorry I could not help.

Anek

#395     Aug 9, 2007
  6. Razor

Razor

Hi Anek,

Will do, no reason why I should not be booking a profit on days like today, sad really....oh well tomorrow is a new day :D

Thanks for the response and encouragement :D

#396     Aug 9, 2007
  7. I tell you why you lost on a sweet day like today, having all the tools at hand.

Because trading is for the most part, psychological.

Nevertheless, do your homework tonight.

Anek

#397     Aug 9, 2007
  8. Jaxon,

Think you could post a chart so i can visualize this?

Anek

#398     Aug 9, 2007
  9. Bill,

Couple of extra tips for entries that should help you determine optimal areas.

Anek

#399     Aug 9, 2007
  10. A. I know you are right about the mental aspect, Lately, though I am not really a religious person, I am adopting somewhat of a religious take on trading. If a person believes in a method, they should quit listening to the DEVIL!
    Those pretty indicators, those split second impluses, those quick rushes of fear or greed. All work for the Devil! Really, I find I overthink myself out of profit hand over fist. Seems if I just follow the rules, like making widgets, then the system works as described on the box.

In getting a better feel on when to exit at a S/R level or let it run, It looks like the let it run approach works best when coming out of an area of consolodation or range, where we would anticipate to see a breakout run. Sound about right?

Also, curious on your time zone. Looks like about 5 hours ahead of me here in North Florda.

Again, Thanks

#400     Aug 9, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.