AHG - Profitable Strategy for Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Anekdoten, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yep, think it's time to say goodbye as its leaving my workspace.

Thanks for the comment, very logical.

#31     Jul 20, 2007
  2. I got several requests via PM to post my workspace therefore I'm attaching a screenshot to this post.

If you got questions, just use the the journal, if it's something personal then sure PM me but i got 3 PMs that had the exact same question.

I only use one monitor when trading, big one though, and as far as the main chart I adjust tick chart on the fly depending on volume for the day or whichever reference I need. Usually I change from 75 to 89 to 150 200 250, depending on price action but only one point of view and my big anchor chart which is the 2000 tick for big S/R.

Hope it helps.

#32     Jul 20, 2007
  3. Several months ago someone in the forums posted this chart for reference and I kept it in my archives. I'm sorry I can't remember who did but he/she deserves the credit.

This is what it's all about, price action, all else is secondary.

#33     Jul 20, 2007
  4. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

man shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of this thread. fucking assholes, always looking for complete handouts. OP, continue please.

#34     Jul 21, 2007
  5. I'm not sure you said fuck enough.. a real professional trader would have used it every second word not just every third or fourth

#35     Jul 21, 2007
  6. Thats from ghkramer I think.

Good luck Anekdoten.

#36     Jul 21, 2007
  7. Thank you for both.

#37     Jul 21, 2007
  8. As a weekend exercise I continue to backtest/study fixed volume bars as I slowly begin a transition to them. It has been almost 5 months since I began the transition but still very much a work in progress. As they say don't fix what is not broken but if we don't experiment or take new risks we risk never improving our current methods.

Good friend of mine is always making fun of my ever evolving charts and well, that is probably the reason why, I'm always experimenting.

#38     Jul 21, 2007
  9. Trades for 07.23.07

All winners except the first long.

Green lines long
    Red lines short

Thick white line, change of a trend.

100% system following no deviation.

Morning > Afternoon imho

Skipping lunch helps.

Calling it a day.

#39     Jul 23, 2007
  10. I made some of the same trades today. Are you setting a target for exit? I need to start using a program that automatically enters a stop. I sometimes enter a limit order by mistake which kills the trade. Keep posting, much appreciated.

#40     Jul 23, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.