AHG - Profitable Strategy for Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Anekdoten, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. booyah

booyah

Great work on this thread Anek and everyone contributing. It's really helping my learning process.

Quick question for you guys. I know ES,YM,ER2 trading isn't quite as well in the evening hours. But is there any problem trading pre-market ? For me ideal would be 5am - 8-am EST. Are these good hours in terms of liquidity and price movement ?

Also any opinions on trading ES from 6pm - 9pm EST. Is there enough action/price movement

Thanks Guys for the great work !

#381     Aug 9, 2007
  2. Booyah,

A chart is a chart but unless it's a special event, lack of liquidity and volatility could screw with the best ones out there.

Unless you been around the block I advice against trading off market hours.

Anek

#382     Aug 9, 2007
  3. booyah

booyah

I see what you're saying Anek. But does the liquidity really die dow after 430, or before the bell around 8am. I'll try to be careful and a noob should play it safe, but it sucks having a fulltime job and living in the EST time zone.

#383     Aug 9, 2007
  4. "We SHORT a pop up and again, we are nimble with our target."

Rinse.Repeat.

+1288

#384     Aug 9, 2007
  5. GaryN

GaryN

booyah

If you want to go to bed early you can get up around 3:00am and trade the Dax and Estx50. Really not much different than trading the minis.

#385     Aug 9, 2007
  6. Razor

Razor

Well.....very disappointing day for me....my own fault for trying to fight the trend but disheartening none the less....Net Down -$441 :(

Oh well, back at it tomorrow....

edit: over traded as well, 32 round trips....

#386     Aug 9, 2007
  7. Trades for 08.09.07

Today I traded without stochastics, instead I tested a very fast MA with an offset to the right for comparative reasons.

Did I miss the stochs ? No.

5000 shares chart for ES as suspected is my new girlfriend !

11 Shorts

1st Winner
    2nd Winner
    3rd Winner
    4th Hold it right there sir! Stopped out :)
    5th Winner
    6th Winner
    7th Winner
    8th Break Even got too greedy :)
    9th Winner
    10th Winner
    11th Still in the play short....

9 for 11 so far

3 Longs

1st Winner

2nd stopped out

3rd The Double Bottom looked good, so i took it with a 2 tick stop and rode it for well over 4x reward.

2 for 3

Total: Aprox 11 for 14

The trend is your friend!

We don't' call bottoms, we don't call tops and we never never EVER go against the immediate trend.

Is it sinking in yet ? :)

Anek

#387     Aug 9, 2007
  8. very nice work..but i still cant get a very good handle of this technique.. Question -

In a downtrend if you get a pop up and after that 2 bars with lower low. Will you enter on close of third bar or 2nd bar.

Whats the ideal stop will be top last high bar.

Say Bar 1 is last high bar then you have Bar2 and Bar3 which creates lower low will you enter on close of bar4 or Bar3. Where is the stop????

Can you post some chart with SPY volume 1000000 shares.

thanks for help

#388     Aug 9, 2007
  9. Bill,

Here is your chart for SPY.

As far as your entry question, I need to see some sort of signal that the pop up had enough. Today I was using the fast MA to eyeball the exhaustion but that thing was pretty fast today, it's slope though was very helpful. There is no specific rule of 2nd or 3rd bar, I eyeball a good entry and place my limit orders, sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I miss the move completely but I never ever chase it.

Hope it helps.

Anek

• spy.png
      File size:
      63.8 KB
      Views:
    #389     Aug 9, 2007
  10. Booyah,

I'll say it again, I don't recommend it :)

Sorry man, I know it is not what you want to hear/read.

Anek

#390     Aug 9, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.