AHG - Profitable Strategy for Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Anekdoten, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMHO looks like a hull 10 period with +1 displacement works well on a 5000 v es chart. Maybe less evil than sto?

• hull.png
      File size:
      76.2 KB
      Views:
    #341     Aug 8, 2007
  2. Jaxon

Jaxon

I am playing with the 3sma on Tradestation and it appears that with ts you have to use -1 to move the average to the right, if that is what you want to do. Positive numbers move it to the left.

#342     Aug 8, 2007
  3. Jaxon,

I concur.

Anek

#343     Aug 8, 2007
  4. Hey, thanks for the detailed reply. I am seriously considering opening a futures account for the reasons you've stated as well as others. I did research the comparisons of trading futures to equities like you said and found that they both have their pros and cons. In any case, like I said in my first post I have always traded using time increments instead of options like Tick like you use. I was wondering if the transition from time increments to Tick data would be difficult or if it just merely an adjust and some getting used to? Also... do you have any other threads going that you op that are similar to this one? Would just like to follow the others if they exist (gotta know when to pursue the valuable :). Lastly through research, it seems like for what I am interested in most trade the YM or ES. I see that you recently just now changed to the ES. So i was looking for feedback on which of those two is a better choice based experience and good hard data? Feedback from Anekdote and any others much appreciated. Thanks!!

Cx~

#344     Aug 8, 2007
  5. Cx,

It might not be a completely objective opinion but I traded equities for four years, they offer VERY little pros in comparison to futures. To each their own.

My suggestion, paper trade for SIX MONTHS MINIMUM before you use a single dollar. Once you feel comfortable on paper if you see constant profitability, hard to do within a six month period unless you got the right mindset and tools from the start (read this journal), then you work on psychology with MINIMAL contract size in CASH.

Hope it helps.

Anek

#345     Aug 8, 2007
  6. Razor

Razor

Hi,

I am resisting the urge to add anything to my chart right now, just price bars and Heiken bars. IMHO if I can continue to book profits with just price action and zippo indicators then when market goes through diff periods as it does of course (ie, tighter ranges, wider ranges, etc) my eye will be more adjusted to pure price action vs. looking for an indicator to confirm. I will say though I do look at between the 40 - 60% retrace level from the prior move to start focusing on price action in more detail (ie: entry mode) to get me in the trade as this 40 - 60% seems the either continue back with the trend or fail and start a new trend zone. I will also draw in the odd trendline here and there. Here is what my chart looks like:

http://i19.tinypic.com/4tztukw.png

Cheers :D

PS: I will occasionally glance at the pivot points for the day as well for potential support and resistance zones but pure price is where my ultimate decisions are made.

PPS: I am only voicing my thoughts and what I do right now but I am a rookie so best to probably ignore my babble and do what Anek and the crew are doing :D

#346     Aug 8, 2007
  7. Razor,

This is only a test, not a modification.

In order for me to officially go from v1.0 to 1.1 in AHG it has to be a phenomenal improvement.

You got the right mindset, keep trading with the proven methods. If I find a modification to the system that is substantially positive it will be announced as an option. The ultimate decision is yours.

I'm all for don't fix what is not broken but life has taught me that intransigence and stubburness leads to nothing but trouble. If we find an improvement that is worth it whether it is suggested by me or Bin Laden himself, we will share the option for the sake of milking the market.

Anek

#347     Aug 8, 2007
  8. Good stuff! I have been interactive with the markets for some time now, but have little actual trading experience. I do consider myself ahead though in that I have allready chosen to bypass the excess and choose to trade only what I see and what the chart tells me to do. That said, I only trade price action (i make note of a few small things here and there, but they are miniscule at best). I do agree with the paper trading. You suggesting that only further implements your quality that builds this thread. I do respect your opinion between futures and equities as I agree with its basis. Any other thoughts on my questions about the transition from time increments to TICK or the ES vs. YM???

Cx~

#348     Aug 8, 2007
  9. Razor

Razor

I hear ya my brutha :D I just know when I start adding stuff I do worse LOL....so for right now gonna just keep it the way it is, like you say though I am always open to look at new things and my mind is always in open mode :D

Cheers :D

#349     Aug 8, 2007
  10. Time to provide input on what's better for entry.

Both indicators are applied on today's ES chart.

Square area marks the clear uptrend.

Your time is appreciated.

Anek

#350     Aug 8, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.