AHG - Profitable Strategy for Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Anekdoten, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razor

Razor

Hi,

Well back to reality today, -$216 net. Not sure what I really did wrong but just too many losers v. winners (had an awesome short entry this morning and covered waaaaaaayyyyy to early) and an order in for a long after fed and pulled it (if it would have filled I would have been in for the monster rally up until 330pm.....)then I tried to get long on the pullback after the rally into 330pm which just ended up selling into close so obviously I got stopped...oh well, wish I could have kept the loss to under $100 today but such is life, could take 2 - 3 days to make back this 216 loss we shall see....hope others did better, off to a meeting be back after 10pm or so tonight.....cheers :D

#301     Aug 7, 2007
  2. Razor

Razor

+4 net on ES is an awesome day congrats ! Picture just averaging 2 points a day and building up to 50 cars per trade ;)

Nice work !

Cheers,
    Ray

#302     Aug 7, 2007
  3. Thanks, Razor, Just luck at this point. Why don't you post your chart. Helps to get input.

#303     Aug 7, 2007
  4. Trades for 08.07.07

All annotations on chart.

Shorts

1 and 2 Averaged up on the shorts.

Longs

Where are the losers ? Keep behaving like this market, I like it.

Got to respect the market, the moment you get arrogant it can slap you hard without a warning.

However, (ji ji ji) I will defy my own rules and say, taking candy from a baby :p

Now watch the market pull a heavy day of reversals on me to slap my behind :)

Trend is your friend, my friends!

Anek

PS: Notice the "elite" volume size bar :)

#304     Aug 7, 2007
  5. Razor

Razor

Nah, you are following the plan, no such thing as luck :D

Yea, I will try and post a chart later tonight when I get back from meeting if I don't hit the sack right away.....

#305     Aug 7, 2007
  6. Anek, What size stop on that last trade?

#306     Aug 7, 2007
  7. 2 ticks below the last HL so prob around 8-10 ticks.

Price got down to 1448, stop was 1447.50 :eek:

Anek

#307     Aug 7, 2007

8. Hey, I never said I did not like your anchor charts! :confused:

Fact is, I am always conscience of where support and resistance lies. Difference is, I plot S/R levels from 15/60 minute charts onto my CV chart before each market day and then never look at the higher time frame again.

I do not change the speed of my intraday charts at all. I was simply questioning why you continually change the speed of the entry/exit chart depending on what day or time it is. Nothing more was intended.

All right, people. I just wanted to stop by and compare notes with Anek, and that we have done. You are in good hands with him.

Carry on! :D

st

#308     Aug 7, 2007
  9. Remember, baby steps. Taking a stop equal to your target means your accuracy has to be greater than 50% plus you got commission to fight against.

Now, your skill in accuracy and runners comes through time so there isn't much i can say except that you missed some good opportunities on entries and exits.

Particularly, letting those winners run. Remember when something goes in your favor and say you are long, UNLESS you see price stopping and momentum fading and/or making lower highs after you made a profit....there really is no reason to leave. Needless to say this cannot be mastered in a week or two, takes time. In fact, I'm still polishing my skills in that department.

One step at a time.

Anek

#309     Aug 7, 2007
  10. ST,

My bad, I probably misunderstood your earlier comments. Now noticed I used to do that with tick charts, which vary in comparison to fixed volume bars, have not done that with volume bars except for the eccentric reduction from 10,000 to 9999.

...oh and btw, agree with the speed principle.

Anek

#310     Aug 7, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.