AHG - Profitable Strategy for Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Anekdoten, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealth,

What kind of chart is that that you posted? Are you a constant volume proponent?

B

#251     Aug 6, 2007
  2. Trades for 08.06.07

If you are following my journal you should be aware by now that today marked my complete transition from YM to the ES.

I studied it during afterhours using 500 share charts, even made some scalps because it was trending nicely, took a much needed rest afterward, overslept a bit and then.....

"THIS IS SPARTA!" (Avid fan)

To the trades.....

Shorts

1) Stopped out, eventhough it did not work, I'm not happy with my entry, took a bigger stop than what I had planned due to bad entry. 3.25 Possibly a product of my first scalping day in ES. A bad trade in every sense of the word but had it gone a bit higher it would had been a legal short due to Price Action. Yes, I make mistakes, on a daily basis too :)

Longs

1) Winner
    2) Winner
    3) Winner
    4) Grand Slam

Off to get some rest.

Anek

#252     Aug 6, 2007
  3. Razor

Razor

Hi,

Best day yet since taking this approach, $323 net gain trading 1 NQ contract only per trade.....pretty happy considering NQ is only worth $20 a point :D

Well, started this approach 7 days ago, here are the net results since starting, all trades NQ and 1 contract only, usually 4 - 8 trades per day:

+43
    +228
    +36
    +27
    +323

Current goal is to have more winning days per week than losing days and for
    my winning days to be bigger than losing days on avg.

Thanks again for all the contributions from everyone on this thread especially Anek :D

Cheers :D

#253     Aug 6, 2007
  4. Razor,

I'm very happy for you it looks like you are on the right track!

Anek

#254     Aug 6, 2007
  5. Razor

Razor

Cheers Matey :D

#255     Aug 6, 2007
  6. I need to do some research between constant volume bars and the volume bars Tradestation provides.

Will report any findings.

Thanks to ST for his valuable contributions to the thread.

Anek

#256     Aug 6, 2007

7. Valuable???? I'd say that is subjective to personal opinion. I was just called a "shill" on another thread! :D

st

#257     Aug 6, 2007

8. Proponent? I'll have to research the meaning of that word and get back to you on that! :D

st

#258     Aug 6, 2007
  9. That person tends to be very negative around the forums your time would be better spent taking a crap than replying to such individuals.

One must walk around ET forums with insurance, it's a dangerous place with dangerous people but once in a while a few pearls can be found and last but least a few laughs.

The hard part is not falling prey to the vile creatures that surround this place. There are a lot of frustrated traders in this forum, statiscally speaking around 95%. Funny enough, we need them, someone has to pay our bills, the irony is I'm willing to help them in exchange for Karma, friendship and good spirit.

Anek

#259     Aug 6, 2007
  10. GaryN

GaryN

I havent met a good trader yet that was a negative personality. How can you be sour if your making money?

#260     Aug 6, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.