AHG - Profitable Strategy for Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Anekdoten, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. First, my accountant disagrees with you. :D

Second, I am sorry to hear about your being a failure. (Actually I am not, but if it makes you feel better......)

Third, I believe you are on the wrong thread. The "earth-is'flat" thread is two doors down.

st

#231     Aug 6, 2007

2. Those can be labeled using either pesavento patterns, auto trends, or DYO. A setting between 3-5 works well on the ES.

Note that any labeling of swing highs and lows are going to be delayed AND (very important) the one being formed can change.

These labels are only good for looking back for S/R, not trade entries.

#232     Aug 6, 2007

3. How many contracts one trades is a personal decision. My belief is to never trade more contracts than your are willing to risk assuming 100% loss. If you are trading 100 contracts on $500 margin each, and your internet goes down or the computer crashes, and the market goes against you, and it will, Murphy's law gurantees it..........can you take the hit?

Do the math on how much leverage you are using on 300 contracts. I understand that everything is relative in theory, but trading huge size becomes more difficult from both a psychological and a money management issue. Compounding is the road to riches, diversifying is the path to keeping those riches.

st

#233     Aug 6, 2007

4. I've learned that 99% of the people are too willing to follow some self-proclaimed guru who either failed as a trader and now provides "guidance", designed some wiggly line on a chart and then wrote a book about it, or both. Anything other than price IMO is nothing more than voodoo. Anek is one of very few that seems to grasp that simple, yet powerful, concept.

I rarely, if ever become involved in these journal threads, simply because of the nonsense everyone wishes to cling to. Thinking logically seems to have gone by the way side, and I find myself having little patience with these voodoo chasers. Anek has chosen to share a solid approach to trading, and he should be commended for it. Few understand what he is perfecting, and even fewer share that knowledge once they discover it.

st

#234     Aug 6, 2007

5. The 10k cv chart is simular in nature to a 250 tick IB data chart.

My hard emergency stops for the ES placed with entry order is three points. Stop is then immediately set two ticks above/below high/low bar of swing point entered in normal market conditions.

st

#235     Aug 6, 2007
  6. GaryN

GaryN

Two shorts so far this morning. First one stopped b/e. Second hit target.

#236     Aug 6, 2007

7. Try a 1000 CV chart on the YM. Smoothes things right up!

st

#237     Aug 6, 2007
  8. Stealth,

When you take a Short and you're waiting for that next HH - HL combination to take you out of the trade, don't you get chopped up on small range days of say 7 - 10 pts.?

#238     Aug 6, 2007
  9. GaryN

GaryN

Heres my chart for the two trades. Enter on break of trendline, target lod.

#239     Aug 6, 2007

10. Once I realize we are in chop, shown by first conflicting swing, I then trade the range until that range is broken. Those are easy money trades with close stops. Personally, I like range bound days because of the excellent risk/reward factor and the fact that once the range is broken, the resulting move is typically a large one. I thought I posted this earlier, perhaps it was in another thread. If not, my apologies for not being more clear.

st

In edit, two 2 tick stop outs this morning and one 4 point win. Very bearish looking at this point in time, but sitting on support.

#240     Aug 6, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.