AHG - Profitable Strategy for Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Anekdoten, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glad to hear, the sector, is bleeding.

Anek

#171     Aug 3, 2007
  2. Lower lows lower highs I see longs around this time of the massacre and Im cracking the whip :)

Loving it !

Anek

#172     Aug 3, 2007
  3. Razor

Razor

4 trades, Net $28 :D

3 winning days in a row but something tells me I should have done much better than this....still having the mental block that when I get in the trend will end.....so silly because of course this will happen sometimes but will it happen greater than 50% of the time, doubtful.....that should be all that matters if I book bigger gains than loses.....oh well, a new week awaits us :D

Have a good weekend all and thanks again Anek !

#173     Aug 3, 2007
  4. Same here. Up for the week. Gotta follow Anec's advice more closely, especially regarding using only 1 indicator. Trying to use others as filters really does create confusion in my little mind. Confusion leads to hesitancy, hesitancy leads to bad entries/exits which lead to losses, which lead to confusion.....

#174     Aug 3, 2007
  5. Trades for 08.03.07

Hard to type with the current excitement. I get goosebumps on days like today. Anyway, enough chit chat, to the details.....

Evidence of congestion in circles on chart attached.

Longs

1st Winner

2nd *A MISTAKE* there was a lower high, stochs were crossing down. I have no idea what I was thinking. Closed it for BE as soon as I noticed my mistake. Whenever you make an obvious mistake close the trade ASAP don't even think twice about it.

3rd Stopped out

4th Stopped out

1 Winner
    2 Losers
    1 BE

Total: 1 for 2

Geez, think longs were not working well today, no real structure. I wonder why :) Let's switch to the dark side, shall we?

Shorts

1st Winner
    2nd Winner
    3rd Winner
    4th Stopped out
    5th Winner
    6th Winner
    7th Winner
    8th Stopped out
    9th Stopped out
    10th Grand Slam
    11th Grand Slam
    12th Grand Slam

3 Losers
    9 Winners

Total: 10 Winners 5 losers 1 BE

Notice all the losers I had. Do I care ? Do they bother me ? Do I feel bad ?

To be blunt, I don't care, I expect them and I don't fear them as I know how to control them. You lose, you stand up, and you fight back, over and over again. Because you believe in yourself, in your trading, in your system.

Win some, lose some, just like a champion in boxing, at the end of the fight, what you want is the decision, not perfection. You can shoot for perfection, but lets be realistic.

What can I say, I love days like today, I trade for days like today.

They are special and extremely profitable if you just follow the trend. God knows how many contrarians called bottoms during the hard slam down, and hard it was!

Best summer I've witnessed, they are usually dull this is far away from it. This is wonderful, this is just like heaven!

Anek

#175     Aug 3, 2007
  6. Can't argue with that.

The fact of that matter is that if you guys are getting small losses/breakevens/small wins WITHOUT actually grasping the full concept of the method and that only means that the future can only get brighter as your discipline and skills improve.

Here is what I'm doing as far as mechanics in a concise manner.

- Study Highs and lows

- If a trend form, examine stoch crosses for entry.

- Once in a trade I gauge S/R for stops/exists and ride the winners with the HA bars if the trade gets solid momentum like those shorts I took at the end today.

Rinse and repeat.

Simple don't make it complicated, as you say, it will only lead to confusion.

As long as the rules hold, in and out, in and out. Filling the cup with drops.

Last but not least remember that I am above else, a trend follower scalper.

Anek

#176     Aug 3, 2007
  7. I know EXACTLY what you mean, I know cause I've been there in the past.

It's hard to get long when the immediate price action is down but if the trend that matters is up, then the bigger picture should win, no?

Study past charts, you have MASSIVE samples at hand. Convince yourself that it's the right way to go, then and only then is that you will have enough faith to pull the trigger comfortably when the time comes. Don't let losses misguide you, they are inevitable, but if you do it right I promise you, you win at the end.

Examine my trades. Am I doing something different than described in the original AHG post ?

Am I somehow bending the rules ?

You tell me!

Anek

#177     Aug 3, 2007
  8. Razor

Razor

Cheers Anek for the response.....I guess I just need more time, I think the reason I am having the mental block is becuase the markets have been so 'trending' with great follow through the last couple of weeks and I think I am telling myself that when we get back to tighter ranges that I will be getting whip sawed over and over again as just when a trend looks like it is forming we head back the other way.....I think after I trade through some periods like this and see that it is still possible to have a breakeven / small winning day during these times and still book some big win days 2 - 3 days per week that maybe the mental block will lift.....only time will tell....anyway, my head is up and I am plodding ahead :D

#178     Aug 3, 2007
  9. Razor,

Take all the time that you need, I mean it. No sense in rushing this.

BTW, when we get a massive day of consolidation the trick is to say....

"No 2 lower highs, no 2 lower lows, I'm staying put."

"No 2 higher highs, no 2 higher lows, I'm staying put"

Sometimes the best trade is no trade.

....and when they do happen if it reverses you, so be it, take your small loss and move on.

However, statistically speaking, trend patterns outnumber reversals so in terms of numbers you win at the end :)

And guess what, if the reversal is strong enough, you will be there riding it too !

As you say, Cheers! :D

Anek

#179     Aug 3, 2007
  10. Razor

Razor

Makes perfect sense ! :D

Now go enjoy your weekend ! :D

Cheers,
    Ray :D

#180     Aug 3, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.