AHG - Profitable Strategy for Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Anekdoten, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dazed101

dazed101

thanks

#141     Aug 1, 2007
  2. nampooya

nampooya

For sim,I use unarmed book trader,just don't forget it's on/off.(IB)This also gives you good idea of how fast fills are,and the actual mechanics/making a trade.Great thread.Thanx.

#142     Aug 1, 2007
  3. tv92670

tv92670

I traded the DIA today because I don't have a futures account open (yet), strictly according to AHG. I traded 500 shares to simulate 1 contract and my results: 2.91 pts and 4/5 WL. I'll take it! Note: 1.71 pts came on the last trade of the day...I picked a good day to start

Tyler

#143     Aug 1, 2007
  4. Razor

Razor

Had a nice day as well, did +$228. Have to believe though that things will become much harder when the moves become smaller and ranges tighter....this will be the days to see how really disciplined one can be.... ;)

#144     Aug 1, 2007
  5. Trades for 08.01.07

I'm exhausted, I did not sleep all night by the massive afterhour/pre-market move activity that was hard to ignore.

After the market closed I had to take a 3 hour nap so I apologize that this chart is getting to you a little later than usual.

However, on a positive note, I was in perfect sync with the market today. I annotated little hints that price gives us that might indicate a possible reversal or choppy move. Whenever I saw things like that I made an effort to stay on the sidelines.

Massive profits today, more like obscene. These hard strong moves are a gift from the gods.

Tip of the day: Make an effort to spot possible reversals/choppyness by watching erratic highs/lows.

Longs

6 for 6

No losers

Shorts

7 for 7

No losers

Total

13 for 13

(Notice the lack of bias, roughly half and half)

Don't despair, keep on using that sim. Your skill will ONLY get better. Learn to spot the chop, it will save you AND make you money.

Keep on practicing, keep on reading, keep on noticing how those lows and highs develop. Don't give up. If I can do it, you can do it.

Hope it helps.

Anek

PS: 199 Tick Chart, don't ask :)

#145     Aug 1, 2007
  6. Glad to hear you some of you guys did well.

Remember, you are JUST beginning to get your feet wet, assuming my style of trading is new for you.

I promise you, your skill will ONLY get better.

If you keep your discipline and your money management in check it's only a matter of time until you can mimic my performance and in many cases I'm sure, surpass it.

Keep it simple and you will prevail.

Anek

#146     Aug 1, 2007
  7. Anek's Big Rule of 3

1) Spot the Trend, it is your ONLY friend.

Up, Down, Sideways, All over the place ? Only up or down interests us. Odds in our favor.

2) Spot the Entry

Do we have one ? Should we have one ? Use your tools for confirmation, not the other way around.
    Your eyes go 90% of the time on price. Specifically on those highs and lows.

3) Spot the Chop

This kills us and reverses us. No one is forcing you to trade as the market is always there.

Anek

#147     Aug 1, 2007
  8. I'm happy to see you were able to catch that big move at the close. I work during the day, so I only get to watch the market during RTH when I can steal a few minutes here and there, but happened to watching price action during that monster swing during the last 30 minutes and I was hoping you and some of the other kind folks here on ET were riding that puppy up.

Thanks again for your generosity in posting these trades over the past couple of weeks. Your posts have inspired me! My trading approach (albeit on a simulator for now) is becoming much more simple and effective.

#148     Aug 1, 2007
  9. Razor

Razor

Congrats Anek and thanks again for post !

#149     Aug 1, 2007
  10. Whenever you see a solid uptrend with superb momentum let the Heikin Ashi bars guide you. Then the exit is second nature. If you stick to that simple strategy you will bag some monstrous wins whenever the opportunity presents itself if you happen to be in the trade or spot an entry.

Glad to hear you are on the right track. All in due time.

Anek

#150     Aug 1, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.