AHG method = complete bS price action

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by coolweb, Nov 25, 2008.

1. BallBag

BallBag

If you can't make money at 1:1 then you have no edge. A decent exit strategy will put a certain amount of icing on the cake, but the bad news for you is : the entry counts above all.

#31     Nov 26, 2008
  2. Thank You

R/R is important when analyzing performance, such as recapping average winners and average losers over a given time frame, but, like you state, when trading its all entry and observable target. Depending where you enter your target could be a hundred ticks or thirty, working with the same initial target.

#32     Nov 26, 2008
  3. +1

#33     Nov 26, 2008
  4. ggoyal

ggoyal

it's pretty obvious that those who can't make money one way or another will bash it.

I have no clue how jakcs SCT shit works and i dont care. anek bashes SCT because he cant make use of it. But he can make money using another method that is more compatible to his personality. this is trading folks, there is no conventional way, or only one way to make money.

Someone I know personally sucks at day trading, so he will bash trading in its entirety.

the point is, when someone cant make use of something, they wlill say it is wrong or doesnt work. I do it all the time, I am not talking about just trading but life in general.

I dont care about bashing one method or another. if SCT would have worked for me, so long AHG. But AHG works perfectly well with my personality(multiple small losses, etc etc.) so fuck SCT.

#34     Nov 26, 2008
  5. Now I downright do be dogone takin' offense to dat dere joke about us Suthun peopleses. We gots plenty of dem dere brain cell jiggamadiggs and truf be told we gets by just a'fine wit what da good lawd blessed us wit. Me maw made sum sweet potato pie tonight and dats what I's havin'. And no, me and my 3+ brain cells was not impressed wit yo dumb ass insiniations about folks from da souf.

Aw heck, this ain't my fight anyway. Praise the lawd and pass the ammunition! And a Happy Thanksgivin' to each and every one!

#35     Nov 26, 2008
  6. tristyle

tristyle

So are these 4 guys proven successful traders? I want to filter out most of the useless posts here and read posts from successful traders.

#36     Jan 14, 2009
  7. Riskarb is, I know this for a fact.

#37     Jan 14, 2009

8. I respectfully disagree, many scalpers use 1:2 or even 1:3. It works fine if your hit rate (win%) is high enough.

#38     Jan 14, 2009