AHG method = complete bS price action

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by coolweb, Nov 25, 2008.

1. ggoyal

ggoyal

true but not exactly. setting a target based on some random number X rather than looking at where a sensible exit is not the best. Thats like saying, if your stop if 3 point, your target is 13.5 x 3? what if price has no reason to get there, based on what it says on teh chart. or what if price is running further than 13.5 points, you just leave it because you r "satusfied"? and not letting price do its thing.

or you could set the stop at break even after it goes your way and let it run.

I agree that you should add and subtract at levels where things are likely to happen. obviously.

#11     Nov 25, 2008
  2. You have a few choices:

1. Reverse after T2 if a confirmed reversal formation presents itself at a pivotal area which will signal you to take a trade in the opposite direction. If you do it before T2, you didn't give yourself enough RR to begin with.
    2. Get stopped out BE on last unit. You still got 4.5x+9x/3.
    3. Close last one at EOD, may be for less than T3, but with no more stupid trades taking stops at random areas.
    4. Increase accuracy and there by reduce the Xs above to what works best for you, but not by much, cause most of us do and will suck with accuracy.

Oh, btw these targets are tailor made for Noobs. They are the ones who need large RR as the accuracy sucks majorly when you start out.

#12     Nov 25, 2008
  3. I disagree, I run a hybrid of 1:1 most of the time. But I use a dynamic trailing stop. The less I have to think the better....

#13     Nov 25, 2008
  4. This rule is only for those below L3, meaning those who still need some guidance with targets.

Ok guys, I have been told that I should not be posting anymore details from #ahg. Sorry.

Anek says fuck ET.

#14     Nov 25, 2008
  5. jrcata

jrcata

You could also set you're targets based on the particular set up. Certain patterns have specified targets, if you're running multiple contracts then you can peel them off at different levels. Just as an example, gartley patterns have specific targets

#15     Nov 25, 2008
  6. dinoman

dinoman

Yes, Its a 100% scam because your a 100% fucking loser!

Come on folks enough of the BULLSHIT! QUIT, trying to pick sides and being a low life, and start trying to make money!

This is the dumbest fucking thread ever!

#16     Nov 25, 2008
  7. It must be so frustrating to be Anek. First I reveal my method in as much detail as possible, including posting annotated charts. Then I mentor 10s, 100s of people, and it almost destroys my personal life. I do all this out of a sense of paying forward. And then I'm called a truck driver and a cheat. Stay classy, ET.

About trading live : I believe Anek has already traded live in the puretick chat rooms and that people saw and used his live signals, and that's where his credibility has been established? Anek gave many live signals in the #ahg chat room while it was public and I can vouch for that. In fact, there were many instances where others took the wrong signals out of lack of discipline and he would keep suggesting them to wait, too. Why should he do anything more for anyone? Would you, if you were successful?

We're very lucky that people like Maestro, ProfitTakgFool, riskarb, and Anek have revealed so much about how successful traders think. And behave.

#17     Nov 25, 2008
  8. <i>"You could also set you're targets based on the particular set up. Certain patterns have specified targets, if you're running multiple contracts then you can peel them off at different levels."</i>

Most traders never realize that secret of price action behavior. Every signal setup has ideal, high-odds price targets based directly on the pattern it emerges from... and they are always several times' greater than any reasonable stop size.

But that's akin to L10 trading skills. Not everyone figures it out.

#18     Nov 25, 2008
  9. dinoman

dinoman

From a non-religious person...

GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19     Nov 25, 2008
  10. Everyday theres a new drama thread about AHG...

#20     Nov 25, 2008