‘HFT is killing the emini’ S&P, says Nanex

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Bob111

Bob111

yep. on top of that there is not much companies left and the list is getting smaller and smaller everyday. exchanges\banks\etc are trying to mask all this with ridiculous amount of various useless ETF',ETN's whatever,chineese and canadian companies, but we all know the truth. US market is dying...and dying at the pretty fast pace

#21     Aug 8, 2011
  2. No need to be humil when you're a trading G*D

#22     Aug 8, 2011
  3. marceck

marceck

This is false. There is plenty of liquidity in ES. 6 million contracts traded today. The fact that the book is not showing as much, means that market orders are preferred tool (as it always is with big players who want to hide intentions). . Use cumulative delta to spot the market orders trend and divergences, then you will see how liquid this is.

#23     Aug 8, 2011
  4. Dortch

Dortch

lol...still laughing at this post....

#24     Aug 8, 2011
  5. I had three different ES trades today that slipped at least one tick... and one of those positions was a meager four-lot that slipped -1 tick on two and -2 ticks on the other two.

As for TF... that one is pixie dust. Forget about filling anything greater than 1-lot when the algos are blasting.

Those of us who traded thru 2008 versus now can readily see the difference in liquidity. That's why back then the volatile swings would many times make u-turns or 1-2-3 turns in direction. Now everything is total v-turn reversals when the algos strip a ladder one way, turn tail and head the other direction.

#25     Aug 8, 2011
  6. marceck

marceck

I doubt that was lack of liquidity. Again, we traded 6 million cars with ES, a record. You just did not get filled in a fast market with limit orders. Your broker is to blame, not market liquidity. And I traded 2008 as well.

#26     Aug 8, 2011
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

+1

How does one expect to get filled in a fluid down, big volume market with a tight limit?

#27     Aug 8, 2011
  8. here come the idiots claiming that a 4 level depth of 1000 vs 5000 is the same thing.

where does et get these vermin?

sometimes I have to shower after reading this garbage

#28     Aug 8, 2011
  9. I had stop orders in 3 pts below the market... long trades with stops trailed in the afternoon ramps.

That's what we're talking about: "fluid" markets = plenty of open interest on the strikes. There is not open interest on the ladder... all that volume is algo churn playing volley ball with one another.

Just because huge volume churned does not mean it was available to everyone for fills. It was swept up by machines clearing the strikes, unavailable for liquid fills by everyone alike.

Demand for fills thru directional swings exceeded open interest resting in the market. How hard is that concept to grasp?

#29     Aug 8, 2011
  10. I thought the site owner, Baron, warned you about this stupidity.

FoN

#30     Aug 8, 2011