Ah how can i be so stupid! :)

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by affan, Oct 4, 2008.

1. joemiami

joemiami Guest

Started with a 10k acct a few months ago and has only managed to get up to 11.1k ? LOL. Another dreamer just begging for attention.......never ceases to amaze me :p

#41     Oct 7, 2008
  2. affan

affan

I am amazed at some of the ignorant/rude comments people post here. And by the way if your math is any good, 14% increase in few months is damm good. I got screwed because of a mistake i made, i never wanted to be in that trade. And yes i am a dreamer, i want to be a successful trader one day. And i am working hard on it. But if i don't become one thats ok too, i trade only part time. I went to school, got a degree and have a good job.

Maybe i should stop letting Ignorant/rude people amaze me?!

#42     Oct 7, 2008

3. YEP!

The above is a classic sign of a trader who never was and will never be.... lack of responsibility for his mistakes no matter why or what the reason. Classic sign number two is he or she is too stupid or sophomoric to glean any wisdom from responses they get and characterizes them as "ignorant/rude" and defends himself or herself when in fact any trader, who might actually have a chance to make it, would acccept any reply knowing that he couldn't suck it up but rather had to go on a public message board and look for "mommie" or "daddy" trader to tell them they are alright and will do better next time.

In fact any trader with a future would not go on a message board and tell his story of incompetence and ignorance in not carefully reviewing all his positions looking for, like I said, someone to tell him "don't worry son it's OK we all make that mistake.... just take a shorter shower next time.. and save some water"!

It's classic.

But only a few % of real traders can actually get what I am saying. The rest will have the market teach them over and over again that they don't have the right stuff. After almost 20 years I think I can sniff out a loser from a winner by just one or two posts. Just like a good professor can discern which students actually want to learn and are capable of it from the others who only talk the talk.... and whine the whine!!!!!!!!!!

#43     Oct 7, 2008
  4. Johno

Johno

Don't pay attention to the knuckleheads, the ones acting like a***holes are simply telling you that they are clueless. Anyone who has laid it on the line knows exactly what the pain feels like, and quite simply wouldn't behave that way.

For all the TA people out there, what a good indicator their ignorant behavior is, points you in the direction of frustrated losing traders every time!

Best Regards
    Johno

#44     Oct 7, 2008

5. Beleive it or not the above post is actually the truth for most "traders" like affan who go on ET and cry about a stupid mistake but then in later posts continue to reveal that they have NO clue about risk/reward !!

#45     Oct 7, 2008

6. Then it's not a "trade"... it's a HAIL MARY with no discipline and will only lead him to final ruin sooner rather than later. Best thing that could happen would be to take a large loss... and LEARN from it... not sit with a HOPE trade in a major falling knife downtrend!

Get it affan? Trading "success" is the long run... gambling is the short run!

Or is this another "ignorant/rude" post?!

#46     Oct 7, 2008
  7. hey... is a "genuine" mistake different than a NON-genuine mistake? Can a genuine mistake become a non-genuine mistake by trying to correct the genuine mistale by throwing another non-genuine mistake after it?!!

In trading, that is?!

LMAO to what I still read here after almost 18 months of absence from ET.

#47     Oct 7, 2008

8. Do you think you will make it to the "long run".... taking 3 contract positions with volatility at these levels... with that size account!!? If so, why?

What do you think will stop you from being this greedy next time?

God? Momma? Your post-it memo on the monitor saying -5K+?

#48     Oct 7, 2008
  9. affan

affan

When did i not accept responsibility? Did you not read the subject of the post? I know i messed up big time and paid for it and i said i will learn from it

So i should see every rude comment as a full of wisdom? Agreed some comments may seem harsh but actually have truth in them, but i was referring to those one liners filled with contempt.

I do not consider myself a great trader or whatever, i am still new at this. But from the many books i am reading on trading, successful traders are not ashamed to mention the 'stupid' mistakes they have made. I didn't tell this to get sympathy or whatever if thats what you think.

#49     Oct 7, 2008
  10. You are flapping your lips at the wind, and the OP knows this, because he has not failed. 14% gain has he stated is great considering most traders can't even turn a profit.

#50     Oct 7, 2008