Ah how can i be so stupid! :)

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by affan, Oct 4, 2008.

1. There's nothing wrong with trading 3 minis (intraday,) on $10k with the tight stops you were using.

Market tuition. ;-) You can work it back.

-Prof.

#21     Oct 4, 2008
  2. MORAL OF STORY: Use OCO orders and this problem cannot happen.

2nd MORAL OF STORY: If your platform offers the ability to tell you when you have active orders/contracts out there, turn it on and use it. For example, Open ECry's OEC trader will warn you if close your platform and have open orders.

#22     Oct 4, 2008
  3. telozo

telozo

TradeStation will warn you if you try to close the platform and have open orders, but he probably let it running.
    You can place OCO/OSO orders, and that is the best you can do in cases like this.

#23     Oct 4, 2008
  4. Wow, this coming from a so called experienced trader is like telling someone to wipe that wound with acid.

Terrible advice.

I say he takes a loss and learns from the mistake so it does not happen again.

Daniel

#24     Oct 4, 2008
  5. Johno

Johno

How enlightening, " the voice of experience", I'm quite certain we all have the potential to excel in this area!

Regards

Johno

#25     Oct 4, 2008
  6. Do not beat up on yourself for the genuine mistake which you describe. If on the other hand, as may well be the case, you are just another one of the many losers passing through ET, who will never make it, by all means beat up on yourself but better still forget about trading altogether and just live your life as the drone you were always meant to be.:eek:

#26     Oct 4, 2008
  7. rtp100

rtp100

that is truly harsh

that is the harshest thing I ever saw

man that's mean

why do you want to crush people's dreams

even drones have dreams

#27     Oct 4, 2008
  8. LOL. I think Champion needs to get laid. Lighten up dude.

#28     Oct 4, 2008
  9. ... but we've already established that you don't know how to trade.

Will someone from SCT please help Daniel33

The markets are severely oversold affan, and the chart I'm looking at says you should hold on for the upside.

P.S. Please let us know when you trade your first e-mini contract Daniel33, you can start a thread and we can have a party! :p

#29     Oct 4, 2008
  10. what did you decide to do?

good luck bro.

#30     Oct 5, 2008