Ags electronic spread trading

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by David16, Aug 29, 2010.

1. David16

David16

Hello,

I mainly trade spreads on grains, softs and energies:

- time spreads (for example Wheat Dec10-Mar 11, Corn Jul11-Dec11)
    - intercommodity spreads (for example, Kansas vs Chicago wheat; Nymex Heating Oil vs WTI crude).

I currently give my orders through a broker, but am looking for an electronic trading system that is able to handle these types of trades.

So not just where you can create these spreads synthetically, but where you can actually see the limit order book for a certain spread.

Does anyone have experience with this - can you recommend a system?

Many thanks

2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Any decent broker like IB provide calendar spread trading with market depth, but intercommodity spreads are rarely listed by exchange except corn/wheat, crush, crack, brent/crude...For most intercommodity spreads, you have to leg in/out.

3. local

local

I use a platform provided by MfGlobal called Cunningham Trading System. Have been using it for about 5 years. Provides intra commodity spreads (calender) which work very well for grains, crude etc. Also provides inter commodity spreads (wht corn) but suffers from a lack of liquidity.

Regards, Local

4. bone

bone

For some strange reason IB doesn't offer exchange-supported implieds in crack spreads and some of the interest rate spreads like the CBOT Treasury curve last time I checked, a few clients have moved from IB to other FCMs for that exact reason.

5. H2O

H2O

Do you mind sharing where they moved to?

6. bone

bone

They went to Advantage, but there are some other very good alternatives out there as well. Any of the larger FCMs listed on the CME website is a good possibility to explore.