Agriculture Futures Prop Firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Agtrader2310, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Hello Everyone - Just looking for some advice here. Anything you can tell me would be much appreciated.

I have been trading a small account of my own for the past couple years and have established a profitable tack record. I'm looking to transition to a reputable prop firm. My interests are in Agriculture and more specifically livestock futures although any Ag futures will do.

Any firms that you would recommend I apply with? Thanks!

2. LowRisk

LowRisk

I guess prop trading in futures is not very popular. I had the same question and wanted to know if there are prop shops that'll back futures trading. I'm willing to put up some risk capital in the 50k-100k range.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, I've gone over this before but what the hell, let's go another round. What exactly are you looking for? With 100k in deposit, you can trade 2 million on average in notional value of futures. You want MORE leverage then that?

4. Yes Mav, you have covered that several times. Futures are already waaay leveraged, no firm is going to extend that unless you find a "salaried type" firm where you don't have total discretionary trading.

You have enough juice to either make it work, or go broke, what else can you ask for, LOL.

All the best,

Don

5. emg

emg

why prop trading in futures is not very popular? The answer is:

More than 90% of small traders lose. They just lose!

To get in a Prop Futures firm is to become a HFT trader That requires Higher Education

Higher Education!

6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Listen to what emg has to say... You won't find it anywhere else on this website...Except perhaps on every thread he decides to post on.

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I think he made an adjustment to his data. Didn't he use to say 95% lose? Now it's been lowered to 90%. There must be an uptick in the industry! Time to get in!

8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

LOL... or 5 % more decided to pursue higher education to become a Wall Street trader involved in HFT. You never know.

On this subject, I think that one of the only posters who ever traded ags in a prop was YoungTrader. He was one of the 2 or 3 ag traders in his fixed income shop. Perhaps you can send him a PM.

9. I own a small prop group PM me you contact info/details and we'll see what we can work out