agriculture future firm

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by kelly55, Sep 9, 2006.

1. kelly55

kelly55

Which firm is most low comission for agriculture future?

2. A lot depends on your volume and whether you're trading pit-only or not. Lind-Waldock was $7 for NYBOT. I got a bit better from Man through Vtrader Group.

Of course, IB now offers electronic everything at CBOT (wheat, corn, oils, etc) and they're pretty hard to beat.

3. kelly55

kelly55

Thank you ,
    please tell me their website address.

4. kelly55

kelly55

5. kelly55

kelly55

If i buy wheat , and sell wheat, the totall comission is $7?
    or $7X2=$14?

6. Wheat generally has lower exchange fees and therefore lower commissions by a dollar or so.

That $7 is each way, so buy is $7, sell is another $7.

If you're just interested in CBOT grains, Interactive Brokers has $3.05 each way commissions on the electronic contracts (and $4.00 for pit traded).

7. kelly55

kelly55

If I buy 10 unit, 100 unit, 1000,unit, 10000unit,
    the comission is same ? Interactive Brokers has $3.05 each way commissions on the electronic contracts ?

8. kelly55

kelly55

Commissions per Contract meaning,
    if I buy 100 unit, that mean 100 contracts?
    If so, IB comission will be 3.05X100= $305?

I think that comission is expensive if compared with stocks comission,
    what do you think?

9. You should read up on futures contracts a bit. If you bought 100 wheat contracts, a single tick move would be $1250. A 1 cent price change in wheat would be $5000 in profit or loss. A typical day in wheat will see a 5-10 cent change.

In wheat, a single contract is 5,000 bushels, and the price quote is in cents per bushel.

You'll find similar multipliers for all futures contracts.

Each contract also uses $935 in initial margin. 100 contracts would require $93,500 in performance bonds to be posted.

On top of that, if you bought 100 contracts, you'd be only a few contracts short of the reportable position limit.

You can find all of the relevant multipliers, price quote sizes, position limits, and margin requirements on the CBOT, CME, and NYBOT web sites.

10. kelly55

kelly55

(You should read up on futures contracts a bit. If you bought 100 wheat contracts, a single tick move would be $1250. A 1 cent price change in wheat would be $5000 in profit or loss. A typical day in wheat will see a 5-10 cent change.)

If I buy 1 wheat contract, a single tick move would be $12.
    A 1 cent price change in wheat would be $50 in profit or loss.
    A typical day in wheat will see a 5-10 cent change.

So if move 5-10cents, profit or loss will be $250-500 per day.
    That is good working,
    If security amount for wheat 1 contract price is less than $1,0000.

#10     Sep 10, 2006