Agnostic or at least atheist traders.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rowenwood, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Have you experimented with different drugs yet, Rowenwood?

Even SSRI's...you'll gain a different perspective, that's for sure.

#11     Feb 18, 2004
  2. Can you explain more about agnosticism and your philosophical ideas?

#12     Feb 18, 2004
  3. from mocking to. I've lived many lifestyles. I've been the most popular person in high school. I've been in jail. I've done LSD.
    I've been a raver, rapper, drug dealer, investor, artist and poet. I've lived on three continents and I know how to creat fire using the bow drill method.

I don't see the world as a voyeur any more than anyone else. To the contrary, I'm more likely to create ideas for people to experience. I've experienced so many aspects of life, especially adventure and partying, that I'm bored with activities that aren't cerebral. Even highs and fine pussy get boring.

The most pleasurable experience I've ever had was crying out of pure joy and sorrow simultaneously. The next best is the feeling I get when I come upon an idea that is innovative.

Whether or not I'm delusional matters little as long as I eventually prove myself to the world. But understand, I've already succeeded in my own mind. I'm the harshest critic of my own art and writing. I've found that being completely honest with one's self and always striving for a higher level of excellence is the way to achieving greatness.

In being semi-reclusive I block out the noise which distracts me from myself. I've faced the utmost pain and torment which comes with isolation, and in doing so I've became more than another person with opinions that are soley shaped by the thoughts of others.

I'm not a19th century naturalist but I do believe poetry is possible. It may not be like the poetry of pre-war earas but.

I have devised a certain strategy for thinking origianl thoughts. You too can become great if you're willing, and brave enough.

#13     Feb 18, 2004
  4. It sounds like you might be suffering from depression. I'd suggest seeing a doctor and try to get on something like Paxil for awhile. There isn't anything wrong with how you are feeling in the sense that many people eventually go through periods of depression.

However, there are a lot of supportive people who will stick by your side if you need them. I'd suggest doing some research on depression and ask yourself a few questions:

Is your sleep schedule eradic?
    Do you have trouble sleeping?
    Are your eating habits poor?
    Do you find socializing with others to be a chore?
    Are you procrasinating or putting things off frequently?
    Are you disinterested in sex?

Some of those are signs of depression. The fact that you don't seem to want to socialize or have sex suggests you might benefit from seeing a doctor (preferably a hot, young female doctor who does house calls).
    Just my two cents -- I am not trying to be confrontational.

#14     Feb 18, 2004
  5. This is quite a range of thinkers and artists.

I would be willing to bet that no one on this site besides you and me knows of Burden, Barney, and McCarthey. Do you mean Christo (and Jeanne Claude) , I never heard of Christos. Very few have heard of Derrida and Baudrillard. If this is your interest, go read Peter Halley, who adapted Baudrillard's postmodernism to Neo Geo.

If you are looking for spiritual kinship along these lines, you will find the trading community to be a barren desert.

#15     Feb 18, 2004
  6. There are many words you can use to categorize how I think. You use easy generalizations created by others because you're too lazy or cowardly to think of things beyond comfortable definitions.

You think you know about psychology. If you knew what I know you'd feel stupid for having such thoughts. It's as if you understood nothing of what I wrote in my last post.

Why don't you cling to this stupid idea of insanity and repeat yourself again. Obviously such cowardly actions make you happy?
    You repeat yourself because you think your knowledge of neurosis and psychosis is valid. Your ideas are purported. The truth is you really don't know how to think do you?

I can help you if you're brave enough to consider ideas new to you.

And at times I don't even believe in insanity.

#16     Feb 18, 2004
  7. we are like minds? Yes I must've misspelled Christo. You're an artist, philosopher, or? I'm utterly surprised that you're familiar with these names.
    Thanks for the recommendation. Aren't you going to criticize my philosophy. Do you find any flaws, other than my use of generalizations, or use of words?

#17     Feb 18, 2004
  8. Yes, there is something beyond thought. It's called transcendence and you don't get there by seeking fame or financial power.

#18     Feb 18, 2004
  9. the first sentence is very exciting, your second sentence is anticlimactic. Are you purporting that I think that fame or financial power is transcendence. I'm sorry to have confused you. Obviously financial power and fame are common byproducts of transcendence. Two byproducts which I look forward to.

You're a dummy unless I'm wrong, or unless you can tell us, firstly, what your idea of transcendance is, and secondly, how to. If you can meet this challenge I will be utterly amazed, and I will consider you a great thinker.

#19     Feb 18, 2004
  10. Yes, I realize that I am merely a well-reared capitalistic gear piece for a much larger machine and that I have no individualism, but my post to you was just out of friendly concern since I and a close friend dealt with depression at times in our life.

For you to immediately come back and accuse me of using generalizations and more or less insulting me in a "high horse" kind of way just furthers my suspicion that you are desperately in need of attention and recognition from others.

That being said, do what you want oh great one. Keep reading books about life while the rest of us live them.

#20     Feb 18, 2004