Aging inmates straining prison systems

Discussion in 'Economics' started by misterno, Aug 16, 2010.

1. poyayan

poyayan

Seriously, I am not 100% sure old folks home is better than a prison.

1) old folk home also lock you down.
    2) If your families don't give a damn about you, it is likely you will have more young and capable friend in prison than old folks home.

#11     Aug 17, 2010
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

Hey, there's an idea! Gotta love those dumbocrats! They come up with the coolest ideas.:D

Criminals paid to not commit felonies. I bet they will obey that one to the letter.:D :D :D

#12     Aug 17, 2010
  3. Eight

Eight

ACLU commie bastards found a new angle to dis three strikes!! Crime fell after three strikes was reinstituted... then the bullshit started. Leftist power grabbers with perpetual egg-on-face syndrome started saying that abortion was reducing crime, now three strikes is too costly... crank up the death sentences then, minimum two witnesses and one can be DNA, none of these mistaken sentences due to a single witness...

#13     Aug 17, 2010
  4. i read somewhere that most americans on avg break 5 laws within an hour after rising in the morning...

there are that many arcane laws on the books :eek:

#14     Aug 17, 2010
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

Yes, arcane would sum it up with people being prosecuted 5:1 what a voilent offender would receive.

Seems like the violent trash get a pass while people growing pot for whatever reason get 15 years federal time vs. a turdbag who hurts a child, and gets 16 months state time.:mad: (I'm using the pot growers/users as an example. After all, isn't it a plant that grows in the dirt, and takes zero chemicals to use? Goodness!)

Wouldn't common sense mean locking up violent criminals, and taking a look at the "drug war" that has gone so wrong? I don't know the number, but prisons and jails are bursting at the seams over people growing pot, buying/selling other drugs, etc.,

To compound that problem, now imagine throwing the equivalent to cheech and chong in prison for 15 years over pot. They're being thrown in there with REAL bad people who DO like to hurt people. Guarantee they wouldn't come out of there the same way they were when they went in. They come out with the equivalent of a Master's degree in being bad.

Gotta love "common sense" in America...

#15     Aug 17, 2010
  6. This is not true. Not every prisoner is over 65 years old. Get your facts straight

#16     Aug 18, 2010
  7. wonder how much it costs a thai prison to house its prisones
    $10 a year?

quite frankly prisons should be a place where restaurautnst leftover is sent, napkins and other garbge picked out ,mashed, heated, and served.

#17     Aug 18, 2010
  8. all prisons should be in labour camps called "make highways for your food"

everyday go out in the sun, dig up the highway,
    if u dig, u get a meal
    no dig -> starve for the day

good luck.

#18     Aug 18, 2010
  9. I have no idea what you're talking about.

#19     Aug 28, 2010