Aggressive people are better traders !!!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by HATEtheRisk, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Watch-out for this....arrogant = over confident.
    You don't want to be that way in a badly losing trade....

#31     Sep 5, 2011
  2. current summary of thread:
    to be a better trader, you have to be
    "confident, a softie until you ve found the edge, patient lika a predator, staying power".

Briefly said: emotionless.

What else are people wihout any emotion, than assholes ???

#32     Sep 5, 2011
  3. angry trader lost again.
    cool trader made money today again.
    cool trader is the cool asshole, beats the angry baby everytime.
    hahahaha

#33     Sep 5, 2011
  4. here is the angry loosing trader.

#34     Sep 5, 2011
  5. thats me after the last trade.
    i made a big bunch of money.
    i was very aggressive. yeah baby style.

#35     Sep 5, 2011
  6. the1

the1

Agree, which is the reason I used the word 'somewhat.' Truly arrogant traders are destined to fail but having a touch of arrogance isn't necessarily a bad thing. Confidence is a hard thing to acquire, however. It can only come with time and a travel through the University of Hard Knocks.

#36     Sep 5, 2011
  7. ------------------------------------------------------
    my trading is like an extreme sport. like making a triple backflip on the snowboard over a 35 meters cliff.

for that a little bit of arrogance is not false. the selfconfidence will come when you in the air, over the cliff. or shall i say when you be in the trade.

arrogance creates selfconfidence creates arrogance creates selfonfidendce creates arrogance

#37     Sep 5, 2011
  8. Arrogance gives you the feeling of superiority and thus removes self doubt. If your trades suffer from self doubt then get a little more arrogant about your trades. Stick to your plan though. Too much arrogance will ruin you.

#38     Sep 8, 2011
  9. It is a proven fact that the great traders are schizotypal paranoids and generally sociopathic and/or bipolar. The vast majority can be aggressive or passive but are otherwise generally normal and make up the average market participant.

Case in point, he is the guy who is buying without a drop of sweat when billion dollar funds are peeing in their pants and literally in liquidation. He is the guy who is saying short when buying is all the rage at cocktail parties.

#39     Sep 8, 2011
  10. it's better to make a mistake than do nothing- you can work your way out of a mistake profitably... if you do nothing its impossible to make money.

#40     Sep 8, 2011