Aggressive people are better traders !!!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by HATEtheRisk, Sep 2, 2011.

1. cornix

cornix

It depends. I think the best combo for the trading business is being "tight aggressive" (speaking in poker language). Have emotions under control and express intentional aggression only when it's truly appropriate thing to do.

Being in the paws of uncontrolled emotions of any kind, be it aggression, fear or euphoria is not good for a trader.

#11     Sep 3, 2011
  2. usually aggries are as fast as diarrhea,sometimes even faster!And that`s the only property!

:D

#12     Sep 3, 2011
  3. the fact of a matter is, that successful person is a person who got a proper upbringing from the childhood.that type of person usually successful in everything,in all aspects of life!

#13     Sep 3, 2011
  4. Not if they are missing discipline. I saw one very aggressive trader at a prop firm do pretty well with large size for a few months. Then in just 2 trades in 2 days, he completely blew his account up. He just refused to get out of what was obviously a bad position. He kept doubling-down.

#14     Sep 3, 2011
  5. With aggressive i mean the behaviour to never give up,
    and do everything you need to do to succeed.

Taking revenge, means not get hurt in your selfconfidence and happiness about your trading. Just by knowing with the next trade i make the lost money back and go in to profit zone again.
    and on, and on, and on ........

Never give up, beat the shit out of this business.
    I hate to make money, but until i have not enough for the peace of my mind that i need, i dont stop.

Aggressive in the bussiness is essential to not get killed.
    Mostly these kind of people are selfmade mans, who give a shit about the opinion of others.
    These people could have many problems with other people in the "no business" life.

There must be a difference in the personality, between the winners and loosers.
    I think the winners have all one thing together, that different them from the loosers, its the fact that they love it to fight their way to success.

And knowing the only one difference between winners and loosers is, that the winners just tried it once more !!!!!!!!!
    ........................ once more .......................

#15     Sep 3, 2011
  6. Determination.

#16     Sep 3, 2011
  7. zdreg

zdreg

tenacious in your actions.

#17     Sep 3, 2011
  8. I wouldn't use the word "aggressive."

IMO the ideal trader demeanor is that of a predator. Predators are actually very careful--even shy. If things aren't just right they back away and wait for another opportunity. But when they spot GENUINE WEAKNESS...when they KNOW they're about to have a mouthful of blood--then they're THERE...and they take it all...and nothing will stop them.

#18     Sep 3, 2011
  9. thats more like it. accept no less than 80% win rate.

#19     Sep 3, 2011
  10. cornix

cornix

That has much more to do with persistence quality rather than aggression.

#20     Sep 3, 2011