Age?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MasterRaistlin, Sep 11, 2005.

Which Age Range do you belong to?

1. under 18

5 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. 18-24

26 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. 25-34

79 vote(s)
    39.5%
  4. 35-44

38 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. over 45

52 vote(s)
    26.0%
  1. Hello,

Thought it would be interesting to see the average age of people who frequent this board.

Thanks for your participation.

2. silk

silk

I read Raistlin books when I was 12. Is that how old you are?

3. investors old
    traders young

4. silk

silk

funny, just realized my username is from a book i read when I was 12 also. ha.

5. The poll looks worring: nobody that started young seems to have made it past 34...and traders aged above 45 are very few, and they probably didn't start trading when 20yrs old
    :confused: :(

6. WOW........ I am "almost" as old as dirt...:D

7. Good to know statistics have improved some time after I posted.
    :)

8. FYI I'm 23 and just started trading in June. I've doubled my net each month so far and am currently on par (or more) to continue that trend.

June - $200
    July - $500
    August - $1000
    September (so far) - $800

9. That sounds interesting: did you double by increasing your size or by getting into more or better trades?

And what do you trade, stocks?

10. BSAM

BSAM

I always wonder about this mindset asking about the age of traders on ET. Like trading requires some superior physical ability or something.....LOL. I'd say the over 40 crowd is holding far more money to use for such things as trading than young folks.

Go load UPS trucks, do construction work, mow/edge lawns. Then come back and tell me how easy trading is.

If you can do this when you're 10, you can do this when you're 50. Stop worrying. Find your edge and trade!

#10     Sep 11, 2005