Age limitation

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bbb2, Dec 2, 2003.

1. bbb2

bbb2

Hi,
    Some times ago i tried to register with IB and i found out that the minimum age to open an account is 21. Im 18, so what should i do now? Is there a place where the min is 18 or should i just lye about my age?

Thank You

2. Don't lie about your age. What do you plan on trading; stocks or futures?

-Fast

3. I'm 18, I entered 21 on my form and sent a copy of my passport - the firm then emailed me to get a confirmation on my real age, I told them its 18. Apparantly thats OK if you live in the Netherlands. I'd say rest of Europe, too. US I dunno ..

Otherwize, let your folks open an account in their name, then YOu trade it :)

Tiki

4. c_verm

c_verm

I opend my first trading account when I was 18 with Etrade. That was the only firm that would let me at the time? Not sure of any other ones since I dont have that problem now. :D

5. If you're trading stocks, you can open an account with Ameritrade, FreeTrader, E-Trade or the like without any problems. Otherwise, open it in your parent's name and trade the account.

-Fast

6. There has been some good answers here for you. Another would be to get incorporated (shouldn't be more than a couple hundred bucks) and trade on behalf of the corporation. I recommend a Nevada corporation. If you want more infor pm me. ciao.

7. ig0r

ig0r

Yes, I trade IB and freetrade accounts under my dad's name, the taxes are all filed under him, I'm 16 btw