Age discrimination

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by John D Mustard, Jun 5, 2011.

1. AMP turned me down for an account as I am 74 years old. I have been trading stocks since I was 24 years old and traded futures the old way, with Ira Epstein in the 90's. This is age discrimination!!

I am financially stable, and able to withstand any losses I might have. Risk is not a factor for me.

2. sorry to hear that...

3. emg

emg

go with my broker postrockglobal.com. Im sure he will accept any ages

4. there must have been something else in your application

5. I'm not a lawyer and I'm definitely not your lawyer but... if they turned you down soley based upon your age then you probably have a good lawsuit. The way I see it, you can either find a lawyer of find another broker. The latter is probably a lot cheaper and easier.

6. bone

bone

IMO, sign up with two other brokerage firms and fill in the application exactly as you did the first; word for word.

If the second two accept you, sue the first one that rejected you and make them prove that they did not in fact use age as a discriminatory factor. Then watch their insurance firm settle out of court with you in three years time - it will happen about three hours before the scheduled court date appearance.

My 2 cents.

7. Is age discrimination illegal in this instance? It's not an EEO situation.