Age and trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nljones5, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Banjo

Banjo

Where threads morph to is truly a trip

#21     Mar 29, 2002
  2. I made my first trade when I was 60. That was two years ago. I am just now reaching profitability. My goal is to be able to move into full time trading at 65.

#22     Mar 29, 2002
  3. bronks

bronks

Philosophical and theological subjects are among my most favorite discussions. I find on message boards, people have no problems expressing their opinions because of the inherently anonymous nature. This can make for some very lively discussions. However, because this is a trading thread, perhaps those interested can take it somewhere else. Just let me know where :) . I will say this, you can't have light w/out darkness as you cannot have life w/out death. It's as simplistic or complex as you want it to be.

Faster-- you're half right.

#23     Mar 29, 2002
  4. when i hunger, i eat.
    when i thirst, i drink.
    when i lust, i fornicate.
    when i need solace,

i create a god.

:-\

#24     Mar 29, 2002
  5. i would love to discuss this further with you and any others with similar interests.

where can we go?

also, please don't keep me in suspense,

which half is right?

:-\

#25     Mar 29, 2002
  6. Banjo

Banjo

Trading hasn't changed since the beggining of time. it's just a little zippier and you don't get to look into their eyes.

#26     Mar 29, 2002
  7. Zhuge

Zhuge

If you are new to trading Swing or daytrading, I cannot stress enough that you MUST paper trade for at least 1 month.

You MUST be honest to yourself when paper trading, that means keeping accurate record of all your losses and gains, without making excuses.
    Only when you have succesfully paper traded for over a month, do you proceed to the real thing.

Last and most important advice I can bestow on you is.
    By all means, you MUST set stop lost and hang on to it.
    It does not matter how often you win, the game is about surviving.

High flyers who dont set stop loss well eventually succumb to the market.

#27     Mar 29, 2002
  8. bronks

bronks

Your halfway to knowing the truth. You know religion confines the believer, you know your beliefs rank you in the lower 1% of the general population with same theories, in which that alone gives it credibility. But what's behind the door? Sandworms?... I think you're pretty close
    :D

#28     Mar 29, 2002
  9. ".....your beliefs rank you in the lower 1% of the general population with same theories, in which that alone gives it credibility."

lol, i like the way you think.

perhaps we could use this thread for our discussion, i think its author got what he wanted,

and our use would continue its usefulness (besides other interested ETers could participate).

we can think of it as recycling a thrown away thread.

so bronks, what is behind door # "eternity"?

:-/

#29     Mar 29, 2002
  10. #30     Mar 29, 2002