Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I have a question: Is March 2016 a meaningful date in the RFS mandate regarding biodiesel? For some reason, soyoil Mar/May 16 is trading at a strong inverse...

#641     Jun 8, 2015
    Vyki likes this.
  2. Yeah, you definitely called that. I was thinking if a down move happened that it could really kill the spread fast since it is the front month now. Good call on your part

#642     Jun 8, 2015
  3. bone

bone

Any brave souls trading the July / Dec Cotton Spread ?

#643     Jun 9, 2015
  4. bone

bone

[​IMG]

#644     Jun 9, 2015
  5. bone

bone

[​IMG]

#645     Jun 9, 2015
  6. Brighton

Brighton

I don't think so. Jun 1 was a deadline. There's another Nov 30 2015. All the RINs and volume obligations are calendar year. Maybe it's because of the South American supply coming on about that time?

#646     Jun 9, 2015
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Traded it earlier on this thread but we are getting to close to expiry for me...Plus the situation for new crop december is kind of unclear with Texas flood on one side and surplus in India on the other.

#647     Jun 9, 2015
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

The curve is inverted from Mar 16 to Dec 16 since the RFS announcement. Prior to that it had a normal contango structure on all '16 months. I think( not sure ) it is just the kind of movement where all the most liquid contracts move up in unisson on a price shock and the less liquid spreads actually end up "showing" the move. It just takes time for the curve to get back in line...

#648     Jun 9, 2015
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Out @ 5 finally. It was 1 tick from target one month ago.:)

#649     Jun 9, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  10. Vyki

Vyki