Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

This week end I will review all the short soyoil spreads I have on...No need to lose more...

#621     May 29, 2015
    thefuturestrader likes this.
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

FCX, Have you seen our soymeal front spread? Strikes in Argentina about to get resolved? Poultry feed demand lower because of Avian Influenza? Yes, Yes...LOL...I wonder if this thing trades on CBOT or Cap Canaveral...

#622     May 29, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I didn't mention a soybeans/ soyoil spread on the thread? I can't find it...I just got out of it @-6715:(

#623     May 29, 2015
  4. Haha heck yeah, just got back from lunch and saw it. 7.3/7.5! I have my limit order set at 10. I just set it awhile back so I could track the spread price from IB on my phone. I might just leave that in place for now and hope it hits.

#624     May 29, 2015
  5. lx008

lx008

long soyoil - short soymeal is the nino trade,follow the big story of the year,EPA as bonus

#625     Jun 1, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.
  6. Whew, soymeal spread taking a hit this morning. Hoping it is just the curve getting a bit out of whack from the big selloff

#626     Jun 1, 2015
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Why is it the nino trade? I tried to go long the front spread on soyoil to balance the seasonal bear spreads I had further down the curve. I only got 1 lot...LOL

#627     Jun 1, 2015
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I am still in. There is still more upside than downside risk in this kind of trade. You can close now and it will be a good trade. Otherwise you can hold a bit longer and 1-lose a little 2-Hit a homerun.

#628     Jun 1, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  9. lx008

lx008

IF nino 's big , it will cut palm oil production in Asia to support all veg oils prices,while wet weather in US will bring good bean yield so suppress price of soybean,so it's natural to long soyoil and short soybean or soymeal

#629     Jun 1, 2015
    Vyki and TraDaToR like this.
  10. What I wanted to say is the linked between water temperature (which is el nino) and wheat yield and maybe palm oil yield is not that obvious.
    I dont find my R&D on the topic but even a strong el nino has no 100 % impact on crops.

#630     Jun 2, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.