Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I entered it a little early as usual, see a few pages earlier... The full carry is around 16-17 but historically it rarelly reaches 13.

#591     May 16, 2015
  2. I am currently applying to RJO Brian to trade MWE, Canola and all the markets not in IB.
    Its so painful to apply to other brokers than IB. So much time spent, I hope I ll trade soon these markets ;)

#592     May 17, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  3. Its kind of fun that we are spread trader here

#593     May 17, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I am in front of a dilemma. There is a long Oct/ Short Dec Hogs seasonal trade which can be taken around now until October. It's reliable in terms of historical results but this spread is already quite rich, almost at historical levels except for last year which was a complete outlier in terms of significance. Do you guys have insight on this one ? Fundamentals...

#594     May 19, 2015
  5. Let me ask a couple of the brokers I work with, they have hog producers as clients. If I can remember to...

#595     May 19, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Out @ 30. :). The crop condition improvement and this big engulfing candlestick made me change my mind. I initially wanted to ride it much further...

#596     May 20, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Short Dec / Long Jan Soymeal @ 0.3.

#597     May 20, 2015
  8. Vyki

Vyki

Could someone plz look at my thoughts and tell me if i wrong or right.
    soybeans N-X.
    [​IMG]

The reason of falling from the mid of may to the mid of june is because of planting the new crop.
    [​IMG]
    So they put some risk premium during the planting in the price of november beans relatively to the price of july beans, untill beans emerge and can withstand some bad weather. And this premium is increasing during the planting because uncertainty is also increasing (we dont know how many sprouts will emerge and survive) .
    Also some bad weather news is bearish for the spread, because of higher influence on 2d leg.

Hope you understand my engish:)

#598     May 20, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.
  9. That wheat spread turned around surprisingly quick

#599     May 20, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Oh yeah...I look stupid now ...LOL...

#600     May 20, 2015