Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Out @ 13 for a 2 tick profit. Got insecure now that cocoa has broken its resistance. This lasting inversion is bizarre...

#581     May 14, 2015
  2. I believe so, yes.

#582     May 14, 2015
  3. Yeah, I believe so.

#583     May 14, 2015
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I checked this morning. Nothing interesting really. Some spreads are at historical levels but it is just a function of the wild cattle market, not something you can fade or exploit in any way...We are still in a long feeders / short fats seasonal window and the spread has retreated a little if you want to enter on a pullback... I didn't take the trade though.

#584     May 14, 2015
  5. lx008

lx008

when el nino hurt palm tree in Asia, it may lift both palm oil and soy oil

#585     May 14, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.
  6. I just check this trade and I felt that it was no good because a lot of cocoa expiries finished in backwardation and not in contango.
    Do you have any information on cocoa S&D ?

#586     May 15, 2015
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

May was in strong carry and there was a short term resistance on outrights @ 3000... But May expired and the resistance was broken...

#587     May 15, 2015
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

"0920 GMT [Dow Jones]--EU milling wheat futures nudge higher as Russia says it
    will abolish a tax on wheat exports."

LOL

#588     May 15, 2015
  9. That was a heck of a ZW rally yesterday. I love how the market tries to find a fundamental reason for the rally, although there was legitimately some cold weather in KS and ND. Nobody wants to admit that the fund record short position, combined with high-powered stop-seeking algos, led to a 6% rally on basically little news.

#589     May 15, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.
  10. Vyki

Vyki

why nobody? I've seen this in some posts.

Maybe someone can share some good source about fundamental analisys applying to calendar spreads?

Nice movement in soybeans N-X, I hope, it'll go to 5 or something like this. Also have unpleasant pullbacks in live cattle an wheat spreads but didnt close my shorts:)

Also there is a good buying opportunity in minneapolis wheat, but my broker doesn't give an opportunity to trade it :(
    There is a good seasonality, we are near support and we are near all time lows [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#590     May 15, 2015