Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Same here...LOL. Nothing dangerous here but we will have to check ZM N/Q in the next few days...

#571     May 12, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  2. i960

i960

Are the majority of people in here mainly trading CME products? I would have figured everyone was trading both CME and ICE when it comes to Ag.

#572     May 12, 2015
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Finally, hold on that ZM N/Q... this down day was outright-driven...Here is what was important for us :

"USDA made several changes to the global supply and demand balance sheets.
    The most unexpected was a 4-million-metric-ton decline in 2014-15 world soybean
    ending stocks to 85.54 mmt, below the range of pre-report estimates."

There were also talks of lower soymeal demand, but all in all the old-crop soymeal spreads should have crashed more on a day like this if there wasn't inherent strength. Oct/Dec gained 5 ticks.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
    #573     May 12, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  4. Good deal, thanks for the update!

Hopefully the wheat spread will move back up as well. It was killing it for a little while haha I was thrilled then quickly disappointed.

#574     May 13, 2015
  5. lx008

lx008

Maybe for USDA cut old crop stock,still a big surplus if consider demand cut by bird flu

#575     May 14, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.
  6. lx008

lx008

long soybean oil -short soybean meal,for el nino and bird flu

#576     May 14, 2015
  7. Hello,

Can anyone give an insight on Feeder Cattle spreads, of late products has become dull.

#577     May 14, 2015
  8. Lx008, I've been watching soy oil pretty closely. I was looking at the CFTC Commitment of Traders report yesterday, clearly the funds have been buying ZL, selling ZM over the past couple of weeks. I kind of want to fade that trade, but it could be foolish. I keep hearing that the ZL rally is due to some potentially bullish bio diesel mandate coming out at the end of the month. I don't believe that for a second, I think it's funds in that spread trade pushing ZL higher.

#578     May 14, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

El Nino?

#579     May 14, 2015
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

In the 2015 RFS Mandate?

#580     May 14, 2015
    Greenie likes this.