Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Short Jul / Long Sep Cocoa @ 15. The May contract is plunging during delivery period and it should propagate to further months.

#561     May 8, 2015
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Long Oct / Short Dec White sugar @ -5.9. Go Wilmar.LOL.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    #562     May 8, 2015
  3. xandman

xandman

Correct. Consider the AMP Xtrader deal for an auto spreader.

#563     May 8, 2015
  4. I got in on the action last night with July KE/ZW @ 26.75. Thanks for the suggestion Tradator

#564     May 8, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.
  5. bone

bone

The ICE Softs markets are a really, really good trade. I would encourage anyone to look at the major names and spread combinations. They trend really well and usually hold a trend. If you are a successful trader in another market sector - give it a go. Seriously. I've had several former grain pit traders ( who know nothing really about the ICE Soft product fundamentals ) do really well swing trading with it on price action alone. A couple of these guys have done better on Coffee, Cocoa, and Sugar electronically than they did the last couple of years in the grain pits. Although they are trading much smaller size and of course hanging on to positions for much longer time periods than they did in the pits, the ICE Softs market has really given their confidence a much-needed boost.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
    #565     May 11, 2015
    i960 and xandman like this.
  6. lx008

lx008

very likely ,the crop would be so big that even China can't reduce the ending stock

#566     May 11, 2015
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Yes. I have heard of a guy who solely trade cocoa( ICE and LIFFE ) and do really well. Sometimes the price action is so clear. No false signal and noise.

#567     May 12, 2015
  8. USDA crop report out in about 5 minutes here, first glance at 15/16 crop balance sheet.

#568     May 12, 2015
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Soybeans down but my soymeal spreads are up??? I will take it...:)

#569     May 12, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  10. Well KW/ZW sure was moving nicely before I went to lunch, got back and looked like it reversed pretty quickly

#570     May 12, 2015