Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. xandman

xandman

There is a steady trend building up. Additionally, the bid/ask gets volatile when it gets to the bottom of the range.

upload_2015-5-7_10-52-13.png

Last edited: May 7, 2015
    #551     May 7, 2015
  2. i960

i960

xandman, is that Qtrader or IC? I've been considering opening an account at DDT with the Qtrader setup to better trade spreads.

#552     May 7, 2015
  3. xandman

xandman

Qtrader. It's kind of weird. A tech once showed me a way to chart a custom intermarket spread via QFormula and I even brought it up on a DOM. Anyway, he said that CQGIC functions were trickling down to QTrader unannounced.

Later on, the functionality disappeared. Perhaps, It was a bug that he reported. Or, maybe I just forgot how to do it right.

Btw, AMP has it for free.

#553     May 7, 2015
  4. i960

i960

Is it the formula stuff being done in this video:

I realize that's IC but the functionality might be the same.

#554     May 7, 2015
  5. xandman

xandman

QTrader is much more limited.

This is pretty much it: You define a spread in Formula Builder and you chart it. You can't bring it up on a DOM and you will have to leg in to execute.

http://help.cqg.com/qtrader/#!Documents/tocreatespreadqformulas.htm

However, you can analyze option spreads (I discovered upgraded features tonight), graph forward curves, graph a fixed income product according to yield and get full RTD functionality/library. To call them RTD samples is an understatement.

#555     May 8, 2015
  6. i960

i960

I'd think for any non-native spread you're stuck legging in anyways unless you have an auto-spreader, right? I figure for the exchange spreads it won't make a difference.

#556     May 8, 2015
  7. Vyki

Vyki

What do u think about closing this spread? Seasonality is until June, but we didn't manage to break the support and so there is a pin bar
    [​IMG]

#557     May 8, 2015
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

What is this spread, Vyki?

#558     May 8, 2015
  9. Vyki

Vyki

Live Cattle V5-G6

#559     May 8, 2015
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I am in V5-J6 and I am looking for this support to get broken indeed...On my spread it would validate a large head and shoulders pattern.

#560     May 8, 2015
    Vyki likes this.