Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. lx008

lx008

Also the bird flu in midwest worth watching, could be a big drag for soybean meal and corn

#491     Apr 15, 2015
  2. In regards to the long portion of that spread, I talked to a farmer this weekend from out west. He was very adamant that he felt December corn prices should make a decent move up over the next several months. He also said he thought soybeans might move up a little bit, but that ultimately they would come down because he thought total production and acres planted was going to come in higher than the current estimates. For whatever that is worth lol, just passing it along. He farms and runs a business where he interacts with several very large producers regularly.

#492     Apr 15, 2015
    thefuturestrader and TraDaToR like this.
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Yes. The only problem IMO with this corn carrying charges trade is that it is already running at around 60% of full carry...

I am taking some heat on my spreads lately so I did a little study of the results I got so far on this thread to reassure myself( LOL ). Here it is :

Winners : 14
    Losers : 3
    Scratches : 8

So given I usually have a 1/1 risk/reward on my trades, it's not that good but it is not bad... Sometimes I exit early but i do the same on winners as well as losers...

#493     Apr 15, 2015
    thefuturestrader likes this.
  4. lx008

lx008

The rain can reduce some corn area in the South and change for beans.USDA may lift both its yield and area estimated figures for soybean in coming months.

#494     Apr 16, 2015
    thefuturestrader likes this.
  5. Pretty bearish soy meal exports in the NOPA crush report yesterday. Exports down 4.5% in March versus Feb. Soy meal seemed to drive the rally up in beans a couple of months ago. Could be more weakness across the sector as a whole.

#495     Apr 16, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

What do you think about long feeders/short fats spread this year? The seasonal window is beginning now...

#496     Apr 16, 2015
  7. News came out that live cattle traded at $161 in KS, and the market started dropping like a rock. Of course, I just got someone into that LEM:Q spread too.

#497     Apr 17, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Just exited half of it at -0.1. :)

I really like how cotton trades lately.

#498     Apr 20, 2015
    FCXoptions and thefuturestrader like this.
  9. bone

bone

Clients that shorted this Wheat Spread are pretty close to hitting their profit targets...

[​IMG]

If you can get a decent fill in Live Cattle, a few of my clients appear to be buyers in here...

[​IMG]

#499     Apr 20, 2015
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

This is one of the most reliable seasonal trade available. I exited @ -17 a few pages earlier...Full carry is @ -18 right now.

#500     Apr 21, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.