Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. lx008

lx008

Soybean Jul-Sep also in backwardation despite low price and high stocks, maybe the stocks are not low enough for both cotton and soybean to go full contango

#481     Apr 10, 2015
  2. Taking a look at the Live Cattle June-August spread. Cash trade is at a standoff right now in the Midwest with the weak futures. April is $10 over June, and comes off the board in 3 weeks. That's enough for feedlots to try and bring some cattle forward to get the better price. The M-Q spread has gotten hammered over the past couple days, could be a good time to buy.

#482     Apr 10, 2015
  3. Greenie

Greenie

lol I think we must be trading the same strategy or very close to it. We have so many similar trades at the same time.

#483     Apr 10, 2015
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Lol...I hope it won't become like rates where everyone had the same position at the same time until it eventually stopped working...

It seems weird because my trades are based on multiple strategies, some on seasonals, some on the curve "inefficiencies", some on fundamentals... But we tend to all see value in the same place for different reasons.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    #484     Apr 11, 2015
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

By the way, is your firm trading only financial or physical as well?

#485     Apr 11, 2015
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Short Dec15/Mar16 Cotton @ 0.48. Old crop has retreated back in contango on false breakout.

#486     Apr 13, 2015
  7. lx008

lx008

given the high stock level of soybean, guess that both soymeal and soybean can go deep contango

#487     Apr 13, 2015
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Averaged it down a bit. Now my entrypoint is @ 0.07.

I am really struggling with the longer term stuff right now...At least scalping is good but... I went from no loser at all during fall to no winner at all right now...

#488     Apr 13, 2015
  9. Greenie

Greenie

Both paper and physical.

#489     Apr 13, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Short Sep/ Long Dec Corn @ -10.25 on seasonals. Hoping there won't be major issues during growing season. It has kind of broke out to the downside while outrights haven't...

#490     Apr 15, 2015