Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. USDA planting intentions out tomorrow. Wheat has been volatile over the past couple of days here.

#441     Mar 30, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I have a feeling that there is more volatility risk in a bullish soy/ bearish corn acreage scenario. It would actually be a surprise.

#442     Mar 30, 2015
  3. Last month are crazy, its begin to be the cash trader game, we cant go in delivery !

#443     Mar 31, 2015
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Awesome scalps here:)

#444     Mar 31, 2015
    thefuturestrader likes this.
  5. Whew, did not see that coming on corn. EXCEPT for the weird implied volatility on corn and bean options. Beans had very low implied volatility right before the report, while corn had some built in. It seemed like the market expected a corn move, but thought beans would stay pretty neutral.

#445     Mar 31, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

A bunch of post-report long old crop/ Short new crop volume sent it back to my entrypoint...Check the curve. If that's not a screaming buy, I don't know what is...

What do you guys think?

#446     Apr 1, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  7. xandman

xandman

soy_curve.png

#447     Apr 1, 2015
  8. What do you all use for tracking the curves in near real time? IB's term structure chart lags behind a day I believe which is kind of annoying. I guess I could build a spreadsheet to download the info into perhaps. I don't mind it being delayed a little, I just don't like getting on at midnight and not being able to see the prior days change in the structure.

#448     Apr 2, 2015
  9. I checked the curve and definitely agree that seems a bit out of whack. I have an order sitting there, but I doubt I will get filled on it tonight.

#449     Apr 2, 2015
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

What is this? I thought it was the soybeans curve and you meant ZM V/Z was linked to ZS U/X, but ZS U/X never traded at a carry recently...

#450     Apr 2, 2015