Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Short May White Sugar / Long May Sugar 11 @ 28.38 ratio on correlation.

#361     Mar 10, 2015
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

If you are asking me, here was my exit.

#362     Mar 10, 2015
  3. Wheat just got a nice little boost from being down.
    Question for you all in regards to wheat,
    am I wrong or is this saying there is significant upside potential to wheat right now? And, am I correct in assuming those price estimates apply to September or the December contract

#363     Mar 10, 2015
  4. Lowered US and World carryout on corn couldn't push the market higher. Lowered those carryouts by around 2.5% or so, and we couldn't even sustain a 2 or 3 cent pop. Corn is so range bound right now, unreal.

#364     Mar 10, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.
  5. Trad: You still in that cattle spread? I see it's breaking out today.

#365     Mar 10, 2015
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Yes. :)

But I am also closer to my stop on cattle/hogs...It's the last time I trade one of those interproduct spreads. I hate them...It's really just 2 independent outrights.

KW/ZW or ZS/ZM is fine but not ZC/ZW, LE/HE...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    #366     Mar 10, 2015
  7. Tradator or futurestrader, do either of you two have any thoughts on wheat? I'm thinking about going long outright or with a call/option spread on the Sept or December contract. Seems to be a good bit of upside potential.

Edit: no I'm not. Outrights have done nothing but reduce my account balance the past few months. Never mind lol changed my mind.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    #367     Mar 10, 2015
  8. Wheat is confusing to me right now. I look at that chart and can't tell much of anything. We've come off a lot from those Russia/Ukraine rallies, and it would make sense that we are getting some kind of a bottom. There is a ton of wheat out there, and the weather seems like it was pretty good with not a lot of winter kill from what I am hearing.

#368     Mar 11, 2015
  9. Yeah, I am not going to mess with an outright. Too much risk given my account.

Are you or tradator looking at putting the september/december wheat spread back on now that it has moved away from full carry again? Last I looked it was around 14 or 15.

Also, the QUV CL fly I mentioned the other day I locked in a .07 profit on. I only had a tiny position, but nonetheless decent profit for a fly in only a few days. Lots of interesting things taking place with all that. I know you have mentioned energies a few times so just thought I would share. Might be worth taking a look at if they move back further negative again.

#369     Mar 11, 2015
  10. Greenie

Greenie

gone wacko again today. Everyday is up............

#370     Mar 11, 2015