Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I have to say I like it. I will perform due study tonight and perhaps place an order. Thanks.:)

#291     Feb 26, 2015
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Finally there are a few things I don't like here. First, at 6.5 the spread is already historically rich and second, Cattle is not like most markets where the front month overperforms deferreds in a rally( in case it goes up to reach cash prices ). If you look at the big bull market last year, June15 overperformed April15 from September to November high and then the spread widened again in early 2015 bear correction...Counterintuitive. Just my 2 cents. I never use cash prices to trade so I really don't know.Perhaps the imminence of April deliveries will drag April faster...:)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    #292     Feb 26, 2015
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

If there is a cash induced rally, it is bad for my long hogs/short cattle spread though. I have to incorporate cash prices in my trading.;)

#293     Feb 26, 2015
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

What is happening to Cotton 15 crop? I thought the acreage was more than expected...?

#294     Feb 27, 2015
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Long May/Short Jul15 Oats @-2.25. Simple propagation of what's happening in the front month/cash. Didn't get half the size I wanted though.

#295     Feb 27, 2015
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

#296     Mar 1, 2015
  7. Soybeans taking some off today after a strong rally last week based on the Brazil strike. Still tough to say whether that is having any substantial impact on the Brazil harvest.

#297     Mar 2, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.
  8. Greenie

Greenie

Yeah -72 now. Still holding it.

#298     Mar 2, 2015
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Yes I placed an order but didn't get a fill:(

#299     Mar 2, 2015
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I read somewhere that indeed people must keep in mind that the brazilian harvest is still huge and the strike is only a logistical issue.

Did you take the Cattle Apr/Jun trade? I regretted not taking it this week end. There is less edge now, April closer to cash...

#300     Mar 2, 2015