Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Cool stuff and nice thread here.
    Tradator, which target did you get when entering this trade ?

#281     Feb 24, 2015
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Target or entry price? I entered @ -0.4 looking for a move to around 2, but no Florida freeze finally, not even usual seasonality. Just big bad head ยง shoulders against me...:(

#282     Feb 24, 2015
  3. Brazilian trucker strike blew the top out of this bean market. Once again, the cash basis does not seem to be following. The fundamentals still appear bearish, but w/ no one to sell into the rally, it could keep going here.

#283     Feb 24, 2015
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Yep. Good day scalping ZS and ZM.

#284     Feb 24, 2015
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Here it is. Exited all lots except 1 @-1.5. No need to stay here. It can go much lower.

#285     Feb 24, 2015
  6. As you say it can go much lower, it's based on TA or something else ? Thanks for sharing anyway, I'm newbie :)

#286     Feb 25, 2015
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

The exit on TA. The entry on seasonality and TA. The cold snap in late january gave me hope too...

#287     Feb 25, 2015
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Short Jun Live Cattle / Long Jun Hogs @ 58. Seasonal window + Range broken to the downside + Series of bearish cattle/ Bullish hogs news( West coast ports strike finished, Morgan Stanley on Cattle, herd rebuild...)

#288     Feb 26, 2015
    Eliterondrouge and FCXoptions like this.
  9. It has definitely made a quick run up in the past week

#289     Feb 26, 2015
  10. The boss where I work thinks long April Live Cattle, short June Live Cattle is the way to go right now. Feb Live cattle comes off the board tomorrow. The cash trade is hanging in around $160 w/ the feedlots and packers. LEJ is at $149, about 11 below the cash trade. I like the idea, 'cause we had a similar gap last month with the feeder cattle. I don't like how that spread chart looks though.

#290     Feb 26, 2015
    TraDaToR likes this.