Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Tradator, I followed you on the Sep/Dec wheat trade as well. I am back in ZM also at about the 5.1.

I bought the 550 call on KW last week but of course sold it early, I have GOT to work on thinking longer term. Would have been quite a nice winner.

#241     Feb 5, 2015
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

This one is really long term, to be closed this spring/summer near full carry. You have to follow the variable storage rate on wheat.

#242     Feb 5, 2015
  3. In a committed effort to work on holding stuff for longer, I will do the same also. And not to mention it uses hardly any margin. I just have on 2 for now.

#243     Feb 5, 2015
  4. Best trade from a long time
    Long Euronext wheat MAY15 - Short CBOT Wheat around 20 €/t
    Because Europe is exporting really fast (1.6 Mt of export certificate last month)
    Because Senalia (Rouen storage operator) send a mail saying that they will open saturday to face the wheat loading in next months
    Because US exports path is kind of slow

#244     Feb 7, 2015
  5. Greenie

Greenie

Wheat Carry

#245     Feb 7, 2015
    TraDaToR and FCXoptions like this.
  6. Thanks for posting that, I have access to a terminal through school, I need to put it to use on this stuff.

#246     Feb 7, 2015
  7. Is it pretty normal for wheat to trade this far away from full carry in the first few expirations?

#247     Feb 8, 2015
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Here it is. -5000$. It would have been my exit without this stupid mistake. I think there is not much left on the upside.

#248     Feb 9, 2015
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Greenie, what is your platform? I would love to get all my spread displayed as % of full carry...I need to use a spreadsheet every time.

#249     Feb 9, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  10. Greenie

Greenie

Bloomberg. For execution, I mostly just use BB tradebook.

#250     Feb 9, 2015