Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

#221     Feb 3, 2015
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Short Sep/long Dec Chicago Wheat @ -12.5 on seasonals.

#222     Feb 3, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  3. I am going to get back into the ZM fly. I have my order placed at -5.2

#223     Feb 3, 2015
  4. Any Idea why contango is not sot high in corn, wheat and even in backwardation in soybean with prices so low.
    If we come back fee years ago, such prices would have produce a massive contango !

#224     Feb 3, 2015
  5. Big rally in the grains today, lower dollar, etc. Is this a trend change or a blip on the screen?

#225     Feb 3, 2015
  6. Greenie

Greenie

Hell of a busy day. Forgot to add, i shorted the july/oct spread in sugar today.

#226     Feb 4, 2015
  7. demand for ethanol has been strong campaign so far. current
    indeed! i'm personally not sure crude bottomed. nor am i convinced the Greek debt issue is behind. just some thoughts.

#227     Feb 4, 2015
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Interesting one. The only downside is that the carry is already important. Have you got some special fundamental catalyst besides seasonality ?

#228     Feb 4, 2015
  9. Greenie

Greenie

Yeah it's partially seasonal and July supposedly reflects the buildup of new crop, 2nd reason was in the previous recent rally, we were told there were very few cash buyers at those levels, and when it dropped, the phones started ringing again. Cash premiums are still very weak in Brazil for this time of the year.

#229     Feb 4, 2015
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I will perhaps follow you. Didn't you say in a previous post some of the guys in your office were getting long sugar?

#230     Feb 4, 2015