Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. bone

bone

Let me tell you about a Cotton Spread I had on a few years ago... stop limit order with fifteen tics never had a chance in a limit up day.

It's tough to lose your week, but when you give up your month in one day - ouch ! Thanks, Louis Dreyfus. You managed to get Glencore's Head Cotton Trader fired as well.

#151     Jan 15, 2015
  2. I feel for you, TraDaTor. I have also seen some of your successful trades here as well, so hopefully that continues.

#152     Jan 15, 2015
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

At least it was a trade... Not some macro event you have no control over which affect your currency...But yes I hear you... I was scalping Cotton in Winter 2011 and it was really wild. The worst stuff is the one you have no control over( limit days, one leg exchange cancellation...)

#153     Jan 15, 2015
  4. bone

bone

We all take losses. Hell, yes. On a regular basis. If a person requires absolutes, trading is definitely NOT the place to be.

#154     Jan 15, 2015
  5. Greenie

Greenie

lol you swiss?

#155     Jan 15, 2015
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

No but living in Switzerland.

#156     Jan 15, 2015
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Still on the Corn/ethanol subject, I always wondered how much value ethanol would lose if the renewable fuel mandate would be abolished... Physical US demand would drop but at the same time, the RIN substitute has always been available...And ethanol stocks should be sold in Brazil, India, Canada...

#157     Jan 16, 2015
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Short Mar/May/Jul15 Soymeal Fly@ 49. Mar/May still "deeply" inverted while May/Jul almost in carry + January last quote in delivery period much lower + General post report down trend in beans.

#158     Jan 16, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

#159     Jan 16, 2015
  10. What are everyones thoughts on the July Wheat/Soybean spread? I came across it today. The spread seems to be pretty low currently relative to the past several years. I am going to look into the fundamentals on it this weekend and form a little better opinion on it.

#160     Jan 16, 2015