Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. I wonder if there is a trade to do with the divergence between oil/ethanol versus bean oil and palm oil.
    I feel that the corn and soybean didnt react to the crazy move in oil
    However its kind of difficult to know how much impact oil will have on ethanol & bean oil consumption

#141     Jan 14, 2015
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

#142     Jan 14, 2015
  3. Corn has gotten hammered over the past couple of days here, even with a slightly friendly USDA report on Monday. That's a good article on the ethanol demand.

#143     Jan 14, 2015
  4. bone

bone

Since fuel costs are such a big part of farming production, no doubt it will help - but you have to also suspect that the corn/ethanol crush will be the sharper side of that double-edged sword. Question is, will more farmers increase Soybean acreage next season ?

[​IMG]

It almost seems like switching from Corn to Beans won't gain much in terms of what the futures market is telling us...

[​IMG]

If Mid-West grain farmers could just sneak ONE of these plants in amongst each planted acre of beans or corn, skip the herbicide step, and declare themselves organic:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
    #144     Jan 14, 2015
    thefuturestrader and TraDaToR like this.
  5. Bought @ last week -7600 and sold today -7050 for a few hundred per position. I'm not sure how much more on the upside. How can you tell what the upside is on these ag spreads?

#145     Jan 14, 2015
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I can't. But this spread kind of broke out of of a trading range between -7000 and -11000 with this weird shape triple bottom. I think it will go to -5000... And anyway the seasonals are still bullish fats vs feeders until early February, so I can't see a reason to get out now...I have a longer term view than you it seems. Good "scalp" anyway.

#146     Jan 14, 2015
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Now I feel insecure about this spread.Thank you man...lol... If Fats breaks previous low of last month, perhaps I am exiting...

#148     Jan 15, 2015
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

In memory of my hard earned dollars who lost all their value where I live this morning, I will observe a day of silence.

#149     Jan 15, 2015
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Fuck this. Life continues. Anybody has an idea if the CHF mess can have repercussions on cocoa. Barry Callebaut and Nestlé are Swiss...

#150     Jan 15, 2015