Ag trade ideas

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Close to pulling the trigger on KWK/WK. Starting to build some strength here into a strong time of year.

#121     Jan 5, 2015
  2. Really good trade so far ... approx. -8200$ for 2700 dollar profit. How much longer are you holding? What is your exit signal?

#123     Jan 6, 2015
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

My target is around -5000$ margin. The problem is that Live Cattle will be pressured in the index rejig in the next few weeks. It's an interesting trade because it is scalable. You can try to make 50-100K out of it if you want...

#124     Jan 6, 2015
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Do you guys see any fundamental reason for Feeders to outperform Fats before the end of February?

#125     Jan 6, 2015
  5. I took out a little over $1000 in the position last month. Looking to re-enter this week.

#126     Jan 6, 2015
  6. Greenie

Greenie

Short Soybeans/ Long Wheat soon...

Guys in the office starting to get bullish on cotton and sugar...thoughts?

#127     Jan 6, 2015
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

The soy/wheat trade worked well seasonally in the last 10 years and it makes sense fundamentally in 2015...

I have no idea for sugar and Cotton. Why do they think these markets will recover? Every piece of news seems bearish lately.o_O

#128     Jan 6, 2015
  8. Greenie

Greenie

I am thinking soy/wheat or soy/soy oil. What do you think?

For sugar and cotton, those guys trading that in my office are mainly on the physical side, so based on their information they are getting , they are starting to feel bullish. I do agree with you though, it seems premature to go long in cotton/sugar.

#129     Jan 6, 2015
  9. Don't know about cotton or sugar. Why are they so bullish when the news is clearly bearish?

#130     Jan 6, 2015