Ag Options Qs

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by rt5909, Aug 13, 2011.

1. rt5909

rt5909

Searched the Ag forum and couldn't really find what I was looking for. A few quick questions:

1. What is the best RETAIL options modeling program for commodity (specifically grain and livestock) futures options. I traded ag spreads at a small firm, and sat next to one of the ag options traders, and liked his modeling / execution software( OptionsCity or ORC, can't remember which it was). Obviously though, I don't need quite that same advanced MM and mass quote capability just for my own acct :)

2. How can I get access to the RFQs that come across the wire and also some of the large options activity reports from the floor?

Thanks in advance,

RT

2. rt5909

rt5909

bump

3. depends how advanced you need to get I suppose. Not an options expert myself, but you might ask Heech, I know he is very much involved in futures options trading.

I use ProphetX and have used CQG...both offer options analysis with "what if" inputs to model price / vola changes etc.

To your other question...are you talking players sheets or block trades when you ask about large floor trades? I know most FCMs put out players sheets midday and EOD....I get them from RJO and ABN. I know Newedge puts some sheets out with EOD analysis...but doubt you have the $$ to have an acct there...I sure don't lol

You can see RFQ's by trading over the CME platform...although I've noticed I even see them now in the toolbar of my T4 platform (CTS).

Hope this helps a little...but like I said, try to PM one of the more options-centric traders here.

TX